Multiple Taskbar Icons

Iron Forum for english speaking people

DeathStalker

Multiple Taskbar Icons

Post by DeathStalker »

I've just started using Iron and I notice that when I have multiple tabs open in one session, I get a "stacked" icon in the taskbar (Win7 64bit) - I would "normally" expect this only when I have more than one browser window/session open. When I DO have more than one window/session open, it is impossible to switch between the two by using the taskbar icon, as all it does is popup the tab list.

Additionally, the "tab list" that pops up from the taskbar icon, whiles useful, does NOT show ALL of the tabs and you cannot get to all of the tabs (ever scrolling!) Which makes this feature of limited use. I did not count the exact number of items the list displays, but I usually have about 50 tabs open at any given time. Another, more minor issue to note, is that the page title displayed in the popup list does not appear to update if the tab title changes - such as can occur when a page fails to fully load the first time.

I like that there is an alternative to Chrome, as Chrome has broken a few things in the last couple of builds, and the memory leaks present in it are *horrible*. I am hoping that memory usage in Iron is much better (to me, it's the single more significant problem with ALL browsers today).

I am pleased that, so far, all the Chrome extensions use are compatible with Iron. :)