midi file download link not responding

Iron Forum for english speaking people

debroos

midi file download link not responding

Post by debroos »

Hi

With all versions of Iron preceding the latest version (15.0.900.1)I have been able to download midi files by clicking on the link on a site (http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display/1009). Clicking on the link now produces no response. I've checked it out on two different machines, both running XP with same result. The download works with Firefox, however, so it has to be Iron at fault. Any suggestions where to look to resolve this would very much appreciated.
debroos

Incomplete pages

Post by debroos »

There's another similar glitch to that described on the broken midi download link - (still present on the latest .2 version,) which I've just spotted when trying to purchase mobile broadband on the 3 site, using a voucher. The two payment options are presented with radio buttons to enable the choice of either credit card or voucher. The radio buttons are missing so it's impossible to make any selection - the page responds by going to credit card by default. The radio buttons are present on the page accessed via Firefox, so again this is clearly a fault with Iron. :( Can it please be fixed by someone up the line. I don't want to have to use Firefox.
mapx

Re: midi file download link not responding

Post by mapx »

I dont see the radio buttons in firefox. Are you using some adblock extension (or adblock.ini in iron) ?

I cant download from your link (firefox or iron). Strange ...
debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks for your response mapx

I do have adblock installed for Iron but the same glitches occur with it disabled. I've attached a picture of the Three page with radio buttons - found with Firefox. The midi download is also still ok with Firefox at this end. It's occurred to me that you may not have seen the download option, which only appears if logged on to the site. On the first click of the link, the site and the refresh icons both flicker briefly. Subsequent clicks have no effect at all. I'm going to uninstall Iron and re-install version 14 which I'm fairly certain was ok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
debroos

Post by debroos »

]Further to last reply, attached is screen dump of the missing radio buttons when opening the page with Iron -(just to show the contrast)[attachment=0]no radio buttons.png[/attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mapx

Post by mapx »

http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display/1009

I logon to the site, I see "download", click on the midi file and I can download. No problem.

If you are using adblock plus, the stable one, uninstall that and test again. After, if are working for you, you can install the experimental build of ABP which works well.

or, if nothing works:

You can, also, create another profile for you
debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks again Mapx

It's very strange. I've uninstalled adblock and cleared the cache all to no avail. The link is still inactive - it's beyond me. I don't understand the "creation of another profile" ...?
mapx

Post by mapx »

debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks again Mapx

The plot thickens. I have found the "chrome\user data\" file, but it is empty. There is no default file to rename...? Where my profile exists I have no idea :shock:
mapx

Post by mapx »

are you sure you can see all the files / folders (included those hidden ) ? ... you can manage them from tools / folder options