midi file download link not responding

Iron Forum for english speaking people

debroos

Re: midi file download link not responding

Post by debroos »

Yes - I did have hidden files visible. I've since found the folder. The user data folder with the data in it was at a different address than the one at the end of the address provided here - http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bi ... wer=142059. The latter took me to an "application data" under my name but I found the data I was looking for further down in an "application data" inside the local settings folder. However, I followed the instructions provided and successfully created a new profile, but the link remains unresponsive..... :roll:
mapx

Post by mapx »

you created another profile, uninstall adblock plus (not only disable, yeah ? ) ...

are you using adblock.ini ? (in the installation folder) or other extension .. ?

you could try using iron portable to see if works
mapx

Post by mapx »

another thing :

are you using some "agressive" security software ? (you have the problem in 2 systems, probably you are using the same "kit" of configuration)
debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks again for the reponse mapx - sorry for delay in replying. Yes I have uninstalled adblock (the chrome extension) I've also installed and uninstalled the fanboy adblock - all to no avail. I have Comodo firewall installed, which is fairly ferocious, on both machines, but it's been on both for a long time with no problems until Iron v15 arrived. All previous versions have been fine. I'll give the portable version a go and see what happens.
debroos

Post by debroos »

The file won't download with Iron portable either.......
mapx

Post by mapx »

could you add iron like exception / trust application in your Comodo ?
mapx

Post by mapx »

@srware ...what happens with the posts ...

again:

try disable your comodo or add iron like trusted software
debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks mapx

Yes - done all that. The browser is trusted, the session site as well. I've disabled the firewall. Everything on the two pages mentioned works fine apart from the two isolated elements - i.e. the download link and the two missing radio buttons. It's a mystery. I haven't discovered any other problems, apart from slow and stuttering full screen video, with Iron, so I'll just have to use IE for the latter and Firefox for the others.
mapx

Post by mapx »

so ... you disabled comodo and nothing. Strange. Do you have another security software like antivirus with web-shields activated ?

Im using for example avast / avira without web component and like firewall sygate (windows xp system), and I have no problems
debroos

Post by debroos »

It is strange. I have only Microsoft Security Essentials for anti virus and spyware, with regular scans using Superantispyware and Malwarebytes. One interesting "clue" - perhaps... I installed and went to the session site using the Dragon browser and there was no sign of the link! Dragon is over keen on blocking any element it sees as a potential threat carrier; for which reason I don't use it because some Web pages will ofetn have various bits and pieces missing. It may be that there's something about the link that is a little out of kilter - maybe - I'm grasping at straws here. It doesn't explain how it works ok on your machine though :)