New Iron-Version: 15.0.900.2 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

debroos

Re: New Iron-Version: 15.0.900.2 Stable for Windows

Post by debroos »

I've posted this once elsewhere to no avail. There's a couple of sites I go to regularly where links don't respond. One site has radio buttons which are missing, another where a link is present but doesn't respond. Firefox has both pages ok, so Iron must have the glitch. I'm running XP service pack 3. The fault is there with or without adblock. No other extensions operative. Iron is brilliant so I'm loath to abandon it.
himagain

Post by himagain »

Hi there,
Very impressed with the speed of this Browser, thank you! :ironvsff :ironvschrome
Two small questions:
1. Nobody here bi-lingual to volunteer to convert the Site to English?
2. If I upgrade do I REALLY have to re-install all the addons again? :ironvschrome

Cheers!
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

himagain wrote:Hi there,
Very impressed with the speed of this Browser, thank you! :ironvsff :ironvschrome
Two small questions:
1. Nobody here bi-lingual to volunteer to convert the Site to English?
Go to this page, and select the 'SRWare Iron Support(English) version of the forums, and bookmark it!
http://www.srware.net/forum/index.php
Also in the main page there is U.S.flag up in the right corner somewhere you can press to go to the English page of that too.
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srwar ... wnload.php
himagain wrote:2. If I upgrade do I REALLY have to re-install all the addons again? :ironvschrome
Shouldn't have to! Mine always stay put. They are stored in your 'profile' and as long as you don't touch that during an update they'll still be there.
himagain wrote:Cheers!
Back atcha!
megaman

Post by megaman »

I RSS the site, if that helps.
numb3rs666

Post by numb3rs666 »

Sorry if I ask a question already discussed but I have not found where.
First of all thanks for your work. My question is: how can I apply the same setting of the normal page also at the anonymous pages? For example I have the zoom at 120 % but in the anonymous pages I have the normal setting 100 %. Similar for other settings.

Tnx :ironvsopera
cokol

Post by cokol »

I have problem with my profile after installing new version over old.
A history and extensions are gone.
I found that all files saved in \Users\*user_name*\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\
But i can't push browser to use it.
Can anybody help?
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

cokol wrote:I have problem with my profile after installing new version over old.
A history and extensions are gone.
I found that all files saved in \Users\*user_name*\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\
But i can't push browser to use it.
Can anybody help?
Where in the User Data folder? There should be at least one 'User Data' folder there! What name is the profile there?
This is what the Target box in my Desktop Shortcut looks like to open a specific profile. It's the information AFTER the --user-data-dir= and it MUST be complete and accurate! I have WinXP, so yours may be different.

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --user-data-dir="C:\Documents and Settings\'UserName'\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\<ProfileName>"
XAVIER

Post by XAVIER »

The user folder varies from operating system to operating system. Its much different from XP than it is in Windows7 for instance.

ps: I second the vote for ultimate chrome flag integration into iron. I like the idea of we knowing who they are a little more than they know who we are :)
XAVIER

Post by XAVIER »

If i might add to that however the extension evilmeter would also be a great compliment to ultimate chrome flag as well.
cokol

Post by cokol »

ironuser wrote: Where in the User Data folder? There should be at least one 'User Data' folder there! What name is the profile there?
This is what the Target box in my Desktop Shortcut looks like to open a specific profile. It's the information AFTER the --user-data-dir= and it MUST be complete and accurate! I have WinXP, so yours may be different.
Nope.
I have only 2 subfolder in folder 'User Data':
- Temp

And more - in folder 'Profile' i have file 'History Index 2011-11' that was changed by new browser (after reinstall).
Like there are different two history in one file - old browser history and new browser history (why different? because file size - 112 Мб, like size of 'History Index 2011-10' from old browser).
I'm in mide maze, freinds.
p.s.
I think that we have some unique identifier for browser installation and SQLite format of history linked to that identifier.