Not a valid win32 application

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Elwood

Not a valid win32 application

Post by Elwood »

Hello,

I have been running Iron for quite a few versions now, but since installing the newest one I can't get it to run (not a valid win32 application). I can use the portable version, but I'd prefer to use the installer version.

I've tried uninstalling and removing any folders which appear to have something to do with Iron, but it doesn't help.

I use XP Sp3 Home Edition and as I said, the portable version works fine, but I prefer the installer version. I'd appreciate any help you may provide.

Thanks.

Elwood
Elwood

Re: Not a valid win32 application

Post by Elwood »

No help, eh?

Oh well, I guess I'll try the installer version when a new version comes out...maybe...
mapx

Post by mapx »

Elwood wrote:No help, eh?

Oh well, I guess I'll try the installer version when a new version comes out...maybe...
probably your installer download was incomplete
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Thanks for the reply.

Iron installed properly, or appeared to. I tried a couple of different downloads so I kind of doubt it was an incomplete download, but maybe so.

It was only after installing and trying to run Iron did the error message appear.

I may give it another shot in a few days or I may wait until the the next version is released.

Thanks again for your input.
mapx

Post by mapx »

is iron the only application you cant run ?

you could have problems with some security programs you use, or have malware. did you scan your system for virus / malware ?
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

mapx wrote:is iron the only application you cant run ?
Yes.
mapx wrote:you could have problems with some security programs you use, or have malware. did you scan your system for virus / malware ?
I've run my usual scan with AntiVir Free AntiVirus and I have Mamutu real time anti-malware and have had no alerts. I've never had an instance of malware that I know of. I see no odd processes running either in Process Explorer or Process Hacker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mapx

Post by mapx »

could you disable mamutu and try again ?
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Huh, that seems to have worked. I guess Iron doesn't like Mamutu very much.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Elwood wrote:Huh, that seems to have worked. I guess Iron doesn't like Mamutu very much.
probably you can set some exceptions in mamutu
mapx

Post by mapx »

Im using avira and sometimes I do scan the system with MABM or superantispyware