Cannot clear history from "the beginning of time"

Iron Forum for english speaking people

NovaJ

Cannot clear history from "the beginning of time"

Post by NovaJ »

I'm running Iron 13.0.800.1 on WinXP. I'll probably be upgrading to the newest version soon, but would like to know of a resolution to this problem first. I've noticed that I cannot clear my history "from the beginning of time". I believe all other items (cache, downloads, etc) were cleared when I selected "the beginning of time", and the history cleared successfully from "last 4 weeks" when I chose that option. But I've been unable to get all of my history to clear. If there's not a fix, is there a workaround for a situation like this? Deleting specific files, for example?

If memory serves, I first noticed this problem on an older version of Iron, and attempted to upgrade to resolve it. But I may be confusing my issues (I've had strange quirks on several systems).
NovaJ

Re: Cannot clear history from "the beginning of time"

Post by NovaJ »

Any thoughts on this? I really think the massive history is part of the reason my Iron performance is so slow as of late.
mapx

Post by mapx »

1.you could use ccleaner (selecting chrome files)

2.you could try creating another profile (first you must export in html your bookmarks, or better synchronize bookmarks, passwords with your gmail account)
http://www.chromium.org/developers/crea ... g-profiles

3.or you could go in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

and delete all history items (files)
if this isnt working you must create another profile (p.2)
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

I use the Auto Clear extension. It does the job very well.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pbhcbjncen
NovaJ

Post by NovaJ »

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give those a try.