New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Linux

Iron Forum for english speaking people

kcpr

Re: New Iron-Version: 14.0.850.0 Stable for Linux

Post by kcpr »

Yeah!
I've done it!

I tried a lot of methods, but finally only this works.

To be honest it's very easy and firstly I thougth it dosen't work.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install exo-utils
exo-preferred-applications
Choose "other" and type there:
//usr/share/iron/iron

Reboot and in system options ('System informations') you can choose it from the list.

Greets
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

How do we revert to a previous version of Iron? Some issues in 13 have persisted into 14 for me such as the scroll bar not being grabbed by the mouse pointer on the first click, the back button also seems to either store much less history than previous versions or it is not allowing me to revisit cached pages.

I've removed Iron 14 in Synaptic, removed /opt/iron, /home/my name/.cache/chromium and rebooted the computer. I download and then place version 12 back into /opt but it still shows as version 14. I guess I'm missing some files somewhere? I have nothing Iron related in /usr or /lib or any of the subdirectories. Some advice would be very appreciated!
samc

Post by samc »

Hello

Neither of your 32-bit Iron downloads are working for me on Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit. There still seems to be no executable file recognised. I downloaded them both today. I've been using Iron Linux for at least a couple of years and haven't had this problem before.

Hope you can look into it.
DDZ57

Post by DDZ57 »

kcpr wrote:

exo-preferred-applications
This tip is for XFCE.

For LXDE, it is :

libfm-pref-apps
ReckouNT

Post by ReckouNT »

I don't think i should use un-packaged symlinks, but however it's isn't work yet.
is there any posibillities to download libpng12.so and place it in /opt/iron-linux ?

Sorry for bad lang
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

Does Iron keep store passwords encrypted by the --password-store=detect flag. I don't see this flag attached to any running processes in Gnome System Monitor so I'm curious.
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

RWUK wrote:Does Iron keep store passwords encrypted by the --password-store=detect flag. I don't see this flag attached to any running processes in Gnome System Monitor so I'm curious.
I answered my own question, yes the passwords are encrypted.