Microsoft Error message - Help???

Iron Forum for english speaking people

julianthree

Microsoft Error message - Help???

Post by julianthree »

Hello,
for the last week or so, I regularly have a dialogue box open mid-screen telling me that SRWare-Iron is not working, and suggesting that Windows can "search for a solution online".
The only other option on the box is 'close the program'. If I choose the 'search for a solution' option, the dialogue box goes away after a minute, but soon after, I have a note appearing below the toolbar which says, "The following plug-in has crashed: AVG Anti Virus"

In the Windows / Microsoft dialogue box, if I ask for details, this is what is presented:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: iron.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4cd802ce
Fault Module Name: StackHash_374a
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: af23dca2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Has anyone else had this problem? I have no idea what to do! I downloaded, yesterday, the newest Iron update but the problem remains.
any guidance would be greatly appreciated as my own expertise in these matters is pretty much limited to remembering which mouse button to click.
Thanking you!
ironuser

Re: Microsoft Error message - Help???

Post by ironuser »

If in fact there is an AVG anti-virus 'plugin' connected to Iron, You need to remove it or disable it. You will probably have to go into AVG to do that! I don't use AVG, so I can't tell you how.
What I will tell you is this, AVG has been getting worse for a couple of years now. I switched to aVast! free version(search for it) when I started having problems with AVG. Try turning AVG off for a while to see if Iron works. If it does, then you've found your problem. If not, you need to look elsewhere.