cant install any extension

Iron Forum for english speaking people

fscrivy

cant install any extension

Post by fscrivy »

i cant get any extension to install all i get is

Code: Select all

This webpage is not available
The server at nohost can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the web service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing SRWare Iron from accessing the network.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.
Add SRWare Iron as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.

and yes none of the disable or unistall tricks work
ironuser

Re: cant install any extension

Post by ironuser »

Do you have the privacy.ini file in your Iron install folder?
If so, does it contain anything?
If it is there try renaming it (with Iron closed down), restart, and try again.
polo1

Post by polo1 »

Just delete privacy.ini in Iron folder. Works for me.
fscrivy

Post by fscrivy »

polo1 wrote:Just delete privacy.ini in Iron folder. Works for me.
yeah i just did that funny how little things like that can mess up something tho yahoo mail still doesnt work right with iron
mrmick

Post by mrmick »

I can't seem to find my Iron install folder. I have an Imac and looked in application support and can't even find Iron. Maybe I should just delete Iron and start all over? Any thoughts?
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

My Iron folder, in Windows, is called SRWare. Could be same on a Mac, maybe :?
mapx

Post by mapx »

I had the same issue (cant install any extension)

1.I tried deleting privacy.ini ==> dont work
2.I maintain the file privacy.ini but EMPTY ! ==> is working