extension problem

Iron Forum for english speaking people

pjh139

extension problem

Post by pjh139 »

Ok, I need to know where Iron stores them on the hard drive. I remove Iron. I reinstall Iron. It reinstalls the extensions. I rolled back from 13 to 12. Same problem. I kept rolling until I hit Iron 3.0 [I'm missing 4 and 5] and I solved the problem because it won't do the extensions. The problem is something in one of the extensions is NOT allowing Iron to load. As soon as I got to this version [3.0] I got an Extension error and the page loaded immedately. Iron works just fine without them.

So the only way I can get rid of them is to go in and manually remove them so they can't load with updated versions of Iron.

I CANNOT load any Iron version after this to uninstall them via the page. I tried. I really hoped I would get an incompatible with this version error and it would load the rest when I installed all the different version of Iron. No such luck.

I was able to disable several of them from their icons on the address bar/toolbar that auto pops up. So that leaves 2 of them that is the cause of the problem and that I cannot get to without ripping them out by hand. Which I will GLADLY DO at this point. You don't know what I want to do to those extensions. It's just a shame they are bits and bites.

So where are the things located so I can go it and remove them? Or am I going to be stuck with 3.0 forever. :cry:

However NOW I remember why I save all my old versions on a disk somewhere. :lol:
JustMe

Re: extension problem

Post by JustMe »

Look at C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Extensions

You could need to show Hidden Files and Folders to get there.

Hope it helps.
pjh139

Post by pjh139 »

Thank you kindly.

I went in and killed all of the files. That solved the problem. One of the extensions I couldn't get to was corrupt somehow and locking up the browser completely. So I am back on a more advanced version of Chrome.

I'll keep good ole 3.0 around just in case tho ;)
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

You are welcome :)