Advert

Iron Forum for english speaking people

elaikenn628

Advert

Post by elaikenn628 »

I have just started using Iron and it has won me away from IE, but there is one thing I don't like is the advert that comes on when you start it up.
Is there anway to stop this and any others that may appear.

Ken
megaman

Re: Advert

Post by megaman »

elaikenn628 wrote:I have just started using Iron and it has won me away from IE, but there is one thing I don't like is the advert that comes on when you start it up.
Is there anway to stop this and any others that may appear.

Ken
What's in the advert? Also, you might want to try Adblock from the Chrome extensions, that should take care of any pop-ups/advertisements, just don't rely on it since it's not perfect, but it's very precise.
elaikenn628

Post by elaikenn628 »

Yhe adverts are from 'adds by layer
megaman

Post by megaman »

elaikenn628 wrote:Yhe adverts are from 'adds by layer
Ah, yes, don't worry about those.

Those are placed by SRWare for their revenue, AdBlock extensions will prevent those from appearing, also any other ads in the forum sections.
I would allow them if they have something interesting, but you have the freedom of choice if you want them or not. :)
bulek

Post by bulek »

That's interesting. I have been using Adblock Plus for Chrome extension for months. While is works on 99% of sites as expected It was never able to block ads on SRWare forum. I can see these "binlayer" ads and also ads between forum posts.
megaman

Post by megaman »

bulek wrote:That's interesting. I have been using Adblock Plus for Chrome extension for months. While is works on 99% of sites as expected It was never able to block ads on SRWare forum. I can see these "binlayer" ads and also ads between forum posts.
That's because they still can't get it solved for Chromium-based browsers, it still really sucks.
I recommend the AdBlock extension or Fanboy's modified version of AdBlock+.
I hate to go hunting down Fanboy's version, so I just use AdBlock. :)
Zoonline

Post by Zoonline »

HostsMan from Abelhadigital.com can be another choice in comparison with Adblock.

It does share many sources in the list Adblock has but in my eyes much stronger as it can merge content from many different sources into one list.
It uses the HOSTS instead than working from an extension in the browser. Recommended

MVPS, hpHosts, Peter Lowe are installed as default but it's possible add other sources as well, just search the webb for 'Hosts file' or 'Hosts' in get more.