Hello Iron you won my heart :)

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Veternan

Hello Iron you won my heart :)

Post by Veternan »

Hello,

I'm a royal Firefox user but always wanted to try google chrome but privacy issue keep me away from trying chrome till I found Iron very nice chromium browser, anyway it lacks Firefox addons but great on speed and privacy, Thank You SRWare 8-)

Here is my benchmark of my browsers:
untitled00.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JustMe

Re: Hello Iron you won my heart :)

Post by JustMe »

Hi Veternan! Welcome to Iron's community :)

I moved from Firefox to Iron with no problems. I found 9 (similar to Firefox's) extensions to suit my needs.

Keep searching the Web Store Chrome Plugins site. I am almost sure you will find an equivalent extension, or a different way to do the same things in Iron.
megaman

Post by megaman »

Welcome aboard.

Now, here's what makes Iron better.

Iron loads up faster, it runs under WebKit, and it doesn't bog down because of extensions (or at least not much, not noticeable to a point).
Those benchmarks, I guess.

I use Palemoon, which is an optimized Firefox. Even with many extensions, Palemoon is still takes a while to load-up.

Where I find it better is that Firefox still loads pages faster, according to my real-life tests, I don't go by those benchmarks because even though the browser is faster, you might not notice it.
Example: Ever tried opening Firefox with and i5 or i7 processor? They open so fast that you don't notice which one is loads up faster. Either way, on my example test, i7 is clearly faster. This should also apply to those Java and etc. benchmarks.

Let's not forget the wide varieties of Add-ons, but it won't be long before Chromium obtains the equivalents.

If you aren't up-to-date, Firefox Aurora has addressed "Browser start-up speed" and "memory consumption." I just use those channels for the Nightly, which I hope to get 9.0 when I update the browser, it's released today. (Haha, I just noticed that you put 6.0 under the test, good that I didn't enter my message before reading your benchmark list) Also, I notice the start-up speed on the 8.0a1 Nightly, the add-ons might still bog it down, yet I only have Ghostery on installed(Ghostery might not work on 9.0a1 for a little while, though). :)

When I want something really quick to look-up things, I go with Iron. When I want to get serious about what I do, I go with Palemoon(Firefox).
minegroasprilla

Post by minegroasprilla »

megaman wrote:...When I want something really quick to look-up things, I go with Iron. When I want to get serious about what I do, I go with Palemoon(Firefox).
Hey, You should compare Palemoon and Iron , and do a comparison table.
megaman

Post by megaman »

minegroasprilla wrote:
megaman wrote:...When I want something really quick to look-up things, I go with Iron. When I want to get serious about what I do, I go with Palemoon(Firefox).
Hey, You should compare Palemoon and Iron , and do a comparison table.
Comparison to what I do doesn't equal the comparability of Iron beating Palemoon/Firefox on those benchmark sites. It's about usability and what you find most comfortable. (Answer is: I am too lazy to do it if I wanted to)

Iron and Dragon load up the quickest and load my Yahoo! homepage the fastest, over ChromePlus!. Firefox Nightly under vanilla and just one add-on loads up as fast as ChromePlus! with many extensions, being 3/4 the speed of Iron/Dragon. But Gecko's line loads up pages faster on my visual test. :)