Malware Problem

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mrmick

Malware Problem

Post by mrmick »

Hi All
I just installed Iron(3 days ago) and immediately got Spector 3.1.18 a keystroke loger from some other site. Anyway I want to disable in the Downloads folder, Auto-opening settings. It is grayed out and won't open for me. This is on an Imac w/OS 10.6.5. I just changed my Flash settings to ask me. But I don't know how to change Iron's settings. Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated. BTW I hopefully got rid of the logger, at least my malware program said I did. This is the 1st time since I started w/macs that I have had a problem.

mrmick
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
bulek

Re: Malware Problem

Post by bulek »

This option is grey only when you have never allowed for opening of certain file types.
mrmick

Post by mrmick »

Hi Bulek
Thanks for the tip. But what certain file types are you talking about? I want to be able to stop any future automatic opening of downloads in the future. How do I ungrey the button?
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
bulek

Post by bulek »

When you download a file you see it in the download bar at the bottom of the Iron window. Then right click on it and select "always open files of this type". So if you have donwloaded a PDF file then in the future all PDF files will be automatically opened. If you have done this at least once the option you are interested in will no longer be grey. You can then use it to clean all "auto-open" file types you did.

But as far as I understand you don't want to automatically open any file. IN such case greyed out option only means for you that none of files be automatically open.
mrmick

Post by mrmick »

Thanks Bulek
That makes it much clearer. :D
bulek wrote:When you download a file you see it in the download bar at the bottom of the Iron window. Then right click on it and select "always open files of this type". So if you have donwloaded a PDF file then in the future all PDF files will be automatically opened. If you have done this at least once the option you are interested in will no longer be grey. You can then use it to clean all "auto-open" file types you did.

But as far as I understand you don't want to automatically open any file. IN such case greyed out option only means for you that none of files be automatically open.
Thanks Bulek that makes it much more clear.