Anyone Know how to Prevent the RE-DIRECTS?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

h3wk

Anyone Know how to Prevent the RE-DIRECTS?

Post by h3wk »

I don't know why so many People are having Re-directs in Chrome and Iron But it's Driving me to Give up on Both Browsers forever!
Does anyone know how to Stop this from happening? every time I open a new tab it starts with Results.google.analytics then opens all sorts off bad or stupid sites and iv,e just about had it with this crap! and it's happening to many many people.. just search google type google Redirect and also look on youtube iv,e tried all the Recommended fixes plus installed adblock and adblock plus and keep copy/paste the sites that pop up
if you know the fix that works please post a reply thanks
megaman

Re: Anyone Know how to Prevent the RE-DIRECTS?

Post by megaman »

I recommend Ghostery, just for the hell of it.

If you get redirects, it's either the website you are visiting does that on purpose, you have a virus/spyware, or something you installed toolbars/applications that are legit but have a purpose on doing that.
megaman

Re: Anyone Know how to Prevent the RE-DIRECTS?

Post by megaman »

Searching Yahoo!, I see that you have the Google Analytic Virus.

I laughed a bit when it's a Google Analytic Virus and you are asking us to search on Google about it.
Now, if you can't get rid of it, it's your antivirus that needs to change, also, it's mostly a browser hijacker.

One method is to use HijackThis! and go to hijackthis.de to see what's infected, but if you don't know what you are doing, you can screw up your OS. (If a red X is something you know and trust, don't select it to be deleted.) :)

Recommendation on the antivirus and anti-spyware programs.
Antivirus: avast!, Avira, Theatfire, Panda Cloud, Bitdefender Free, or (I hate to include this but...) Microsoft Security Essentials.

Anti-spyware: Get the 3 popular programs Ad-Aware, Spybot: Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes; or just simply get Emsisoft's Anti-Malware.

Recommendation: Scan on Full, Deep, Thorough, entire Hard Drive, etc.