Iron 10.x & 11.x crashing when starting download

Iron Forum for english speaking people

hpcalc

Iron 10.x & 11.x crashing when starting download

Post by hpcalc »

Hello!
I am having problems with both last versions of SRWare Iron (10 & 11) when starting download. Most of the time all Iron windows just freeze and I have to close them forcefully. At the moment I can't point to a specific example URL (will do next time I encounter it) because this doesn't happen always and when it does, the last page is not written to the history.

Has anyone else encountered similar behavior?

I have the following extensions installed: AdBlock, Cooliris, FlashBlock, IE Tab, New Tab Redirect! and Web Developer.
hpcalc

Problem solved with the new version

Post by hpcalc »

Just letting you know - it seems that with the version 12.x the crashing finally disappeared (with the same set and versions of extensions). The crashes were not dependent on extensions, though - even with all extensions disabled, crashes still happened, typically at the end of download. If I removed the extension .crdownload, the file was OK, but the Iron was not responding any more.
hpcalc

Iron 12.x & 13.x continue to crash (partial solution)

Post by hpcalc »

Well, it seems that this problem just won't go away so easily. A lot of other people seems to experience it, too (see Google). One of the proposed solutions that currently works for me (Iron 13.x) is to disable asking where to save each file before downloading (Options -> Under the Hood -> Downloads). The downloads then finish normally without the crash.
JohnnyD

Re: Iron 10.x & 11.x crashing when starting download

Post by JohnnyD »

I have 13юч and I don't have any crashes at all... May be the problem is in the version bugs?