Chrome and Iron in same computer ?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Cothman

Chrome and Iron in same computer ?

Post by Cothman »

This is maybe stupid question, but if i want to keep chrome :ironvschrome and iron in same computer, is this ok ? Both are working as they schould be working ?
ironuser

Re: Chrome and Iron in same computer ?

Post by ironuser »

I had them both for a short time. There didn't seem to be any conflicts at that time, probably a year or so back.
Iron installs itself in the C:\Programs Files area, whereas Chrome installs in C:\Documents and Settings\<User-Name>\Local Settings\Application Data.
I am nor sure of where it installs now, but my recollection is that Chrome and Iron do not share profiles. At least they didn't back a few releases ago when I had them both.
megaman

Post by megaman »

I did have a conflict with Iron and Chromium, but Chrome is maybe a side thing, so it won't be affected.
They might conflict on plugins that they share, possibly.

Other than that, ironuser said enough.
bulek

Post by bulek »

You may have a conflict if you sync them both ot the same google account (bookmarks, settings, plugins).
macbear34

Post by macbear34 »

Cothman wrote:This is maybe stupid question, but if i want to keep chrome :ironvschrome and iron in same computer, is this ok ? Both are working as they schould be working ?
Have found that Iron will work with Chrome, however it will not work with Chromium. If you want to use Iron and Chromium together you have to download the portable version of Iron and install that. For some reason the standard Iron exe. will not work but the portable exe. will work fine with Chromium. I like to see what the latest versions look like on Chromium so I keep that ( I do not want to use Chrome dev. or canary builds) I have tried other chrome look a likes such as chromeplus and comodo dragon, but you can't beat Iron for a dependable stable version of Chrome! :D