Update to Ver11.0.700.1

Iron Forum for english speaking people

macbear34

Update to Ver11.0.700.1

Post by macbear34 »

Just updated to ver.11.0.700.1. When I started up I got a screen saying- profile cannot be used its from a newer ver. Some features maybe unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer ver. What does this mean? I updated to the latest ver. Not being computer literate how do I go about specifying a different profile directory if I have to. Thanks for your help. Another dumb question= When I go to forum you get a pop-up to translate from german to english. I click yes and under options I click to always translate to english. However, no matter what post you go to it always shows the same pop-up, and you have to click to delete it
Monk

Re: Update to Ver11.0.700.1

Post by Monk »

I received the same error message when I clicked on links in Outlook. The "About" page of Iron shows an earlier version. I opened Windows Explorer, searched for "Iron" from the root directory, and found an old version of Iron Portable which I installed before. I deleted the Iron Portable directory, clicked on a link in Outlook, and got an "application not found" error. I found out that Outlook and other programs were trying to load another Iron browser found in the system.

I ran Internet Explorer, went to "Internet Options," and reset the IE settings in the "advanced" tab. I also made IE the default browser. When I clicked on a link in Outlook, the link loaded in IE. But after I made Iron the default browser, a "restriction" message error appeared.

I then went to the search box in the Windows program menu for Windows 7, entered "default," and ran "Default Programs". I selected the "Associate" setting and made sure that the htm etc. files and the http, ftp, etc. protocols that did not have associated programs ran IE. After that, I ran IE once more, reset the IE settings, and made IE the default browser. After that, I went to Iron, made it the default browser, and all of the errors disappeared.