How to correctly prescribe two profiles in the run key?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

miffey

Post by miffey »

..\chrome.exe --enable-udd-profiles --user-data-dir=..\profile_1 & profile_2 ??
Please, show an example of correct spelling of the two directory of profiles in the key - user-data-dir =
bulek

Re: How to correctly prescribe two profiles in the run key?

Post by bulek »

You can't specify two user-data-dir settings in a commandline. In addition flag --enable-udd-profiles does not exist anymore. Google has its own plans for improved multi-profiles management but it is still to be implemented - http://www.chromium.org/user-experience/multi-profiles .
miffey

Post by miffey »

no one who know, but probably you know.. what sequence & algorithm to turn and use "create new profile" in settings of the chromium? Please, real example from your practice.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

I don't know what you mean by "sequence & algorithm", but here is the way I create 'new profiles' for Iron.
1-Create a new folder in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Your-Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data

2- Copy from the default profile most of what you want in the new one. But I ahve found that importing data from the existing default profile does NOT work! You will probably need to set up things in the new profile all over again. I know I did!! And DIDN'T LIKE IT ONE DAMNED BIT!

3- Set up a new short cut to the Iron executable on your desktop.

4- Point the Target Box to the new profile like the next line.

5- This is what the Shortcut Target box should indicate
"C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --user-data-dir="C:\Documents and Settings\<Your-Name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\<New-Profile-Name>"

Keep at it until the new shortcut starts Iron with the new profile.