How to disable adress bar autosuggestions

Iron Forum for english speaking people

grix

How to disable adress bar autosuggestions

Post by grix »

How do I disable the autosuggestions in the browser bar, or idealy just have it suggest bookmarks instead of history? This was the most important reason I don't use chrome. I don't want everyone using my browser knowing what sites I've been visiting..
Mr.Blair

Re: How to disable adress bar autosuggestions

Post by Mr.Blair »

I guess disable search suggestions would be the way. But if you do not want anyone knowing what you search use CCleaner or the incognito window when you search.

Hope this helps man good luck
Mr.Blair

Post by Mr.Blair »

I see what your talking about now, and yes it is annoying and I can't turn it off or stop it unless I run ccleaner. if I type "hamsters flying planes" and then a second later type "ha" then hamsters flying planes shows up, and I cannot figure out a way to stop it. it makes searching in the address bar almost impossible because it is so annoying. I am not sure if my post will go through either for some reason they will not let any of my replies or posts go through and I have no idea what I did wrong. I am just about to dump Iron and go back to firefox. I loved Iron but when you have problems and the admins won't even let you post because they decided to hate you for no reason is very unprofessional and childish.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Try these command line switches:
--disable-history-quick-provider ---- Disable the use of the HistoryQuickProvider for autocomplete results.
--disable-history-url-provider ---- Disable the use of the HistoryURLProvider for autocomplete results.

From this page, so I don't know if they are part of the latest versions of chromium or not.
http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-co ... -switches/

Don't know about setting it up to point to bookmarks.