Getting Bookmarks from one Portable version to another

Iron Forum for english speaking people

helizond

Getting Bookmarks from one Portable version to another

Post by helizond »

I was using portable ver 9.0.600.2 and was about ready to start using ver 10.0.650.0.

Before I could export my current bookmarks ver 9.0.600.2 quit working (darn! I did a lot of bookmarking late last night).

All I get is some sort of blank page for a couple of seconds which goes away and then a popup message "Whoa! Iron has crashed. Restart now?" As I click 'OK' this same thing goes on and on.

I already re-started WinXP (current updates) to no avail.
I also tried getting the IronPortable exe file from my installation backup; same problem.

So I guess this post is about two different things; Iron crashing and how to retrieve my bookmarks...
Iron crashing, I can live without; i just use another version.

MY BOOKMARKS!
Yeah, that hurts.

Help, please!
Thanks in advance,
/-/
computerfreaker

Re: Getting Bookmarks from one Portable version to another

Post by computerfreaker »

Are you referring to the Iron Portable available for download on this site, or the Iron Portable available from PortableApps.com? Either way, the procedure should be roughly the same - copy the profile folder into a new installation of Iron, and hope nothing in your profile was corrupted - but the specific folder to copy would change. If something within your profile was corrupted, try copying just the Bookmarks file into a new profile in a new installation of Iron.
I am an Iron supporter and the developer of Iron Portable.
helizond

Re: Getting Bookmarks from one Portable version to another

Post by helizond »

Thanks!
I tried both and none worked... guess something really bad happened; I only wish I knew what was it so that I don't do it again!
/-/