A few suggestions for privacy and portability

Iron Forum for english speaking people

computerfreaker

A few suggestions for privacy and portability

Post by computerfreaker »

Hi!

I'm really loving Iron; it's become my primary USB-stick browser, and I'm seriously considering making it my primary browser overall. I do have a few changes I'd like to make, though, so here are my suggestions:

* When in Incognito mode, I'd really like to see a way to hide the Incognito icon in the browser's upper-left corner and the "You've Gone Incognito" message on the New Tab page. When I go Incognito, I don't want other people knowing I'm doing it.
* Is there a way to open chrome://settings in an Incognito window? It opens a regular window, which is a bit bothersome since I do all my browsing in Incognito.
* Saved passwords are currently tied to the computer and user account Iron is run under. Could you change that so saved passwords can be moved from computer to computer along with Iron?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
I am an Iron supporter and the developer of Iron Portable.
serr

Re: A few suggestions for privacy and portability

Post by serr »

computerfreaker wrote:Hi!

I'm really loving Iron; it's become my primary USB-stick browser, and I'm seriously considering making it my primary browser overall. I do have a few changes I'd like to make, though, so here are my suggestions:

* When in Incognito mode, I'd really like to see a way to hide the Incognito icon in the browser's upper-left corner and the "You've Gone Incognito" message on the New Tab page. When I go Incognito, I don't want other people knowing I'm doing it.
* Is there a way to open chrome://settings in an Incognito window? It opens a regular window, which is a bit bothersome since I do all my browsing in Incognito.
* Saved passwords are currently tied to the computer and user account Iron is run under. Could you change that so saved passwords can be moved from computer to computer along with Iron?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
I can help with the second if you're using Windows... on your desktop right click on the SRWare Iron icon. Choose Properties, then click on the Shortcut tab. In the Target area you'll see "C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe". Add [space]-incognito after the the last ".

It should look like this --> "C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" -incognito

Click Apply and it will now open in incognito automatically. Hope that helps...