SRWare Iron Will Not Set As The Default Browser

Iron Forum for english speaking people

kerry431

Re: SRWare Iron Will Not Set As The Default Browser

Post by kerry431 »

[

Hi, can you tell me the step by step to have me install as an administrator? I am an administrator on my computer and I tried running the install again but I couldn't see anything that would enable me being an administrator to install.
Thanks for any help.[/quote]

Sure! :)

Right click the mouse on the SRWare Iron Installer, Left click the mouse on Properties, Left click the mouse on the Compatibility tab, Check Run This Program As An Administrator, and Left click the mouse on Ok to save.

Now when you go to run the SRWare Iron Installer, something should pop up asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer or something like that, just click Yes/Ok.

The end, now that was easy right? :) ;)[/quote]

Boy, I am sorry but I must be stupid or something as I tried to install again and I tried to right click on the installer but nothing came up. I was clicking on the box that installs the program which has "run" as a button is that correct? then set up language? then set up wizard? I have tried the exe file as well. Is there something I haven't tried and sorry for being dumb. :cry: :cry:
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

kerry431 wrote: Hi, can you tell me the step by step to have me install as an administrator? I am an administrator on my computer and I tried running the install again but I couldn't see anything that would enable me being an administrator to install.
Thanks for any help.

Right click the mouse on the SRWare Iron Installer, Left click the mouse on Properties, Left click the mouse on the Compatibility tab, Check Run This Program As An Administrator, and Left click the mouse on Ok to save.

Now when you go to run the SRWare Iron Installer, something should pop up asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer or something like that, just click Yes/Ok.

The end, now that was easy right? :) ;)
kerry431 wrote:Boy, I am sorry but I must be stupid or something as I tried to install again and I tried to right click on the installer but nothing came up. I was clicking on the box that installs the program which has "run" as a button is that correct? then set up language? then set up wizard? I have tried the exe file as well. Is there something I haven't tried and sorry for being dumb. :cry: :cry:
No, that is not correct! Find the file that you clicked to get that 'Run' dialog box.
Now, DO NOTHING ELSE BUT>>>RIGHT CLICK on that file name (probably srware_iron.exe). The 'Properties' is at the bottom of the panel that comes up after the right click!
Then follow the instructions you were given by the other responder!
goodjohnjr

Post by goodjohnjr »

kerry431 wrote:[

Hi, can you tell me the step by step to have me install as an administrator? I am an administrator on my computer and I tried running the install again but I couldn't see anything that would enable me being an administrator to install.
Thanks for any help.

The end, now that was easy right? :) ;)[/quote]

Boy, I am sorry but I must be stupid or something as I tried to install again and I tried to right click on the installer but nothing came up. I was clicking on the box that installs the program which has "run" as a button is that correct? then set up language? then set up wizard? I have tried the exe file as well. Is there something I haven't tried and sorry for being dumb. :cry: :cry:[/quote]

If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, then there is an easier way to do it as well; I will post a screenshot to this post, that will show it. ;)

You can simply: Right click the mouse on the Installer/Exe, a menu should show up, Left click the mouse on Run As Administrator, then something will pop up asking if you want to allow it to run & click Yes/Ok, and the installation should start. :)

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 that is, I am not sure about Windows XP; for this to work in Windows Vista & Windows 7, UAC (User Account Control) must be Enabled.

You can check to see if it is enabled in Windows 7 by going to the Control Panel, the System And Security category, click Action Center, click the Down Arrow/Drop Down Menu for Security, find UAC (User Account Control) and make sure it is On. :)

Good luck and let me know if you need more help,
-John Jr :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kerry431

Post by kerry431 »

goodjohnjr wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Boy, I am sorry but I must be stupid or something as I tried to install again and I tried to right click on the installer but nothing came up. I was clicking on the box that installs the program which has "run" as a button is that correct? then set up language? then set up wizard? I have tried the exe file as well. Is there something I haven't tried and sorry for being dumb. :cry: :cry:[/quote]

If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, then there is an easier way to do it as well; I will post a screenshot to this post, that will show it. ;)

You can simply: Right click the mouse on the Installer/Exe, a menu should show up, Left click the mouse on Run As Administrator, then something will pop up asking if you want to allow it to run & click Yes/Ok, and the installation should start. :)

If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 that is, I am not sure about Windows XP; for this to work in Windows Vista & Windows 7, UAC (User Account Control) must be Enabled.

You can check to see if it is enabled in Windows 7 by going to the Control Panel, the System And Security category, click Action Center, click the Down Arrow/Drop Down Menu for Security, find UAC (User Account Control) and make sure it is On. :)

-John Jr :)[/quote]

Thank you, Thank you, it worked and that was simple. Well you learn something new every day. I thank you again for all the help.
goodjohnjr

Post by goodjohnjr »

kerry431 wrote:
goodjohnjr wrote:

Thanks for any help.

Boy, I am sorry but I must be stupid or something as I tried to install again and I tried to right click on the installer but nothing came up. I was clicking on the box that installs the program which has "run" as a button is that correct? then set up language? then set up wizard? I have tried the exe file as well. Is there something I haven't tried and sorry for being dumb. :cry: :cry:

-John Jr :)[/quote]

Thank you, Thank you, it worked and that was simple. Well you learn something new every day. I thank you again for all the help.[/quote]

Great! :) I am glad that it worked for you, and that I thought of an easier way to do it; I should have mentioned that way the first time, silly me. :D

Yes, we do learn things often, maybe you can teach me something one of these days ;) ; I enjoy learning new things that will help me in this thing we call Life. :)

You are welcome and have a great day,
-John Jr :)