Internet Shortcuts

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Oaken

Internet Shortcuts

Post by Oaken »

Hi, I'm a new Iron user and thus far very pleased overall thank you guys.
Ironbs#1.png
Having set Iron as the default browser my Internet Shortcuts do not behave as I would expect. Upon either double-clicking or right-clicking-and-opening any shortcut, all I get is the shortcut text displayed in a page? The same occurs when I attempt to open any program and/or Start Menu links for internet help/updates, etc.
Ironbs#2.png
However, if I drag the shortcut to Iron's address bar then the web page opens successfully. I have tried setting Iron as the default browser both via the browser Basic Options, and also via Windows Default Programs, without any change.

Win 7 Pro x64 - SRWare Iron 9.0.600.2 (74100)

If anyone can tell me how to resolve this it will be very much appreciated?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jazluvr

Re: Internet Shortcuts

Post by jazluvr »

Have you tried "running as administrator, or installing Iron as an admin? What i ended up doing was... copy/paste all my favorites from previous browser into new iron install, and drag them into the "other bookmarks" folder, which you can show on your toolbar by clicking on wrench>tools>always show bookmarks bar.

(click on the earth icon next to url and drag it to other bookmarks folder.) It was a bit tedious, but it didn't take that long, and i have a lot of favorites. Now i need to figure out how to import them into X-iron portable. I got version 7 with cookie prompt working and fanboys adblock list to work all on portable...lol. I love this!

Thank you, Iron and winpnpack people! With the cookie prompt working with newest versions of Iron, X-Iron/portable easily blow away all other browsers big time. Easily the best you can get! :ironvsff :ironvsopera :ironvssafari
Oaken

Post by Oaken »

Thanks for the suggestions jazluvr. I've imported all my browser bookmarks to Iron and setup the bookmarks toolbar without any problems.

The trouble is with any internet shortcuts on the desktop and via Windows Explorer. I want these available in their respective folders, not in the browser bookmarks, and I'm not very keen on running iron as admin (not had issue with other browsers concerning this).

Any other ideas???
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

Woops, jumped the gun again and just realized you're talking about shortcuts, not bookmarks. Anyway, i hope my post helped you.
Oaken

Post by Oaken »

I still do not have a solution for this so would appreciate it if one of the Iron developers would comment???
bulek

Post by bulek »

It does work for me when using Chromium 13. Most likely this issue has been fixed and you just need to wait for Iron 13.