This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Iron Forum for english speaking people

This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby ironuser » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 am

The password manager has stopped asking to save a password. Another Google feature take away?
ironuser
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby megaman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:56 am

Try LastPass extension. This is a better solution, in case you need to take the passwords and use them on other browsers and Iron, of course. :D
LastPass will even give the option to auto-login on many sites.
megaman
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am
Location: H-town


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby jazluvr » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:00 am

ironuser wrote:The password manager has stopped asking to save a password. Another Google feature take away?


A post named "this sucks 2". Hm..maybe you would just be happier with another browser! Maybe Safari? http://www.apple.com/safari/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safari_(web_browser)

You trust google with your passwords?? Brave man. Oh wait...didn't they already get those from their streetcar view? :o
jazluvr
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 pm


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby ironuser » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 am

I think I know you!
Aren't you the guy walking up and down the streets wearing that silly aluminum foil hat?
You really are one paranoid PITA ain'tcha?
Get a life jaz guy, quit your griping about things you know nothing about,a nd further more can't affect or effect with all of your bitching!

BTW, I have Safari. I keep it up to date as well as Iron and the Firefox's I use. Only browsers I won't use are IE(and it's clones) and Opera.
Now, go play with the other kids that whine and cry when they can't get their way.
ironuser
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby jazluvr » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:17 pm

ironuser wrote:I think I know you!
Aren't you the guy walking up and down the streets wearing that silly aluminum foil hat?
You really are one paranoid PITA ain'tcha?
Get a life jaz guy, quit your griping about things you know nothing about,a nd further more can't affect or effect with all of your bitching!

BTW, I have Safari. I keep it up to date as well as Iron and the Firefox's I use. Only browsers I won't use are IE(and it's clones) and Opera.
Now, go play with the other kids that whine and cry when they can't get their way.


Haha...the the old "tin foil" comeback. You could at least be original. So you DO use chrome! It shows! Look Iron-chromeguy, i'm not going to lower my standards and get in an e-fight with you. You attacked me for asking for a feature to be restored to Iron and that seems to have irritated and provoked you into your "retort" to use another browser. You complain as much as i do, so you can keep your superior attitude to yourself!

Go use chrome if you don't care about privacy. And no, I'm not paranoid. Just 'cause i hate the advert industry that tries to follow me everywhere i go on the web, and try to ask SRWare people for the cookie control option, which also seems to bother you, if fact, i would appreciate it if you didn't pay so much attention to me.

You started this, now leave me alone and mind your own business. It's my right to post here as much as it is yours. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. I never attacked you for anything you have requested, so please give me the same respect.
jazluvr
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 pm


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby megaman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Okay, ironuser, did you even try LastPass for the meantime?
LastPass is really useful, so that's why I recommend it. :)

About the tinfoil hat thing, it's not relevant really. We aren't completely paranoid. Google just takes too much information that it needs to have, or that we willingly offer it, so it should just know it's limits and the ones that we restrict.

RIP (name). Google execs say, "We knew a lot about (name)." (Tinfoil hat alert. XD)

My only hatred of Google is when someone tells me to Google this or Google that, it shouldn't be a problem at all, but it's annoying since I use Yahoo! for searching. XD
megaman
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am
Location: H-town


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby ironuser » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:55 pm

No, I haven't tried LastPass. I have another cookie manager I use from a few years back that suffices my needs. Thanks for the suggestions.
As far as the 'ask me'' thing, it isn't going to happen or in the case re-happen UNTIL Google decides to put it back in the source code SRWare devs work from. So why beat it to death in here?
I'll make the same offer I made the other guy. I'll get you the latest source code somehow, if you are willing to add that code back in without breaking something else.
ironuser
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby ironuser » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:04 am

jazluvr wrote:Haha...the the old "tin foil" comeback. You could at least be original. So you DO use chrome! It shows! Look Iron-chromeguy, i'm not going to lower my standards and get in an e-fight with you. You attacked me for asking for a feature to be restored to Iron and that seems to have irritated and provoked you into your "retort" to use another browser. You complain as much as i do, so you can keep your superior attitude to yourself!

Go use chrome if you don't care about privacy. And no, I'm not paranoid. Just 'cause i hate the advert industry that tries to follow me everywhere i go on the web, and try to ask SRWare people for the cookie control option, which also seems to bother you, if fact, i would appreciate it if you didn't pay so much attention to me.

You started this, now leave me alone and mind your own business. It's my right to post here as much as it is yours. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. I never attacked you for anything you have requested, so please give me the same respect.


Jeez, I'm sorry, I stopped at tin foil hat, and must have forgot to add full body suit!

As far as Chrome, I do not have it! I do use Safari to compare to a couple of other browsers, including Iron. But to my knowledge, it is not Chrome. Hell, even if it were, I have the tools(on my machine)(and in my head) to not let it track my activities. My browser cache stays at zero, and there are no Internet Temporary Files for Google or anyone else to look at.
If you want your privacy maintained with Iron, Firefox or Chrome, put them in private or incognito mode. That way nothing is saved except the thing you can't protect, like poor browsing habits, and poor cookie control on your part.
Bye now.
ironuser
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby jazluvr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 am

So, when is [this sucks 3] going to debute?. :mrgreen:
jazluvr
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 pm


Re: This SUCKS 2 (Password manager)

Postby ironuser » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 am

And in case you missed it. And you probably did, blinded as you are by 'ask me' whinning.
Here is a User Agent string for Iron from a phpBB forum that allows for them to be displayed.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/9.0.600.2 Chrome/9.0.600.2 Safari/534.13

See how far from Mac/Safari, Firefox(gecko), and Chrome you really are.

Don't believe it, try in in the Mozillazine forums. But be aware, you will probably need to register, and that means cookies, and that means you will break out in another cold sweat considering it.
ironuser
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 am


Next

Return to SRWare Iron Support (English)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests