New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

jazluvr

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.1 Stable for Windows

Post by jazluvr »

@alx_max...lol, i didn't realize who i was talking to! This is very interesting...pm sent.
alx_max

Post by alx_max »

alx_max wrote:Always related to the new tab subject, I have tested the Speed Dial extension for Chrome on Iron 9.0.600.1 and I have noticed some problems. (...)
I have re-tested the Speed Dial extension with Iron, but this time on another computer and it worked. :o I don't know why it didn't worked the first time. :oops:
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

taf wrote:
jazluvr wrote:@taf...I use the windows disk cleanup a few times a day, along with CCleaner, it's an awesome little program that cleans out everything from your browser(s), even flash cookies. They probably configured it to work with iron by now, but when i 1st got Iron, i had to ask the guys on their forum, (periform) and they gave me an .ini file to put into ccleaner's folder.

I'm surprised the size of the cache even iron gets when I'm using mvp hosts file and updated fanboys adblock list!
Hi Jazluvr,
About your "cleaning procedure":
I agree with you about cache size is growing up very quickly and I also use Piriform apps to clean my system from these bloating infos.

I understand what You are explaining, but my request was not focused on this direction.
I was concerning about a KEY left by IronPortable inside windows registry.
I know, It is quite simple to do a "workaround" to eliminate this key, but my suggestion was referred to the possibility of a "built-in" feature inside Ironportable launcher. We have done something similar on our launcher, but I was wondering to have a 100% native IronPortable from this site.
Our alternative to IronPortabe is in compliance with my request. wPP team (where I collaborate as tester and translator) has developed a "X" version of Iron (called X-Iron)
using our launcher, at the exit of the program we also clean the registry key. Moreover we put some parameters, executed at program startup, in our ini file to disable safe browsing and redirect cache in a temp folder.
If You all want to have a look on it....
http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1264

Anyway many thanks for Your feedback. I really appreciate this project. Now IronPortable/X-Iron is my default browser "on the go".
Now i see what you mean...i misunderstood you. Very interesting link. IronPortable/X-Iron will most likely be mine also! The blending of iron and (X-Iron) looks to be a very promising solution to privacy in the browser tek dept! Thanks very much for posting the link!

And not to forget SRWare, w/o whose diligent work in giving users a real alternative with proper privacy, this wouldn't be possible. I'm glad Iron is working with you on this. I also very much appreciate SRWare. Very nice. :mrgreen:
SRWare
Site Admin

Re: New Iron-Version: 9.0.600.2 Stable for Windows

Post by SRWare »

UPDATE
18.02.2011 - Update to 9.0.600.2
Changed Thumbnails on "NewTab-Page" from 8 to 12
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

Cool. 8-)
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

SRWare wrote:UPDATE
jaz <------ taps foot waiting... :lol:
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

jazluvr wrote:
May i at least ask if you have any intention of updating Iron with the ask me cookie option? :roll:
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

jazluvr wrote:
jazluvr wrote:
May i at least ask if you have any intention of updating Iron with the ask me cookie option? :roll:

Wooops...i forgot i posted this..i don't want to be a pain in the ass, but i am really very disappointed that you guys cater to one member in 2 days, but my requests go ignored unless i am persistant. I mean to keep things respectful, as i love this browser, but i also want to see it be the best it can be. That means moving away from google or chromes shady privacy practices.
numb3rs666

Post by numb3rs666 »

Hi,
I have a small issue regards the plugins. I use Iron portable version and I have created a folder "plugin" under "iron" folder. The problem is that Iron finds the plugins in the addends folder but it don't use the other plugins installed in the PC.
For example: I use phantom for manage my pdf files and iron work correctly if the folder "plugin" under "iron" folder don't exist but it don't work then this folder exist. I cannot open the pdf file with iron.
I think that the solution could be to search the plugin in plugin folder and then if the plugin is not found ok, try to search the presence of the plugin in the PC.

If I'm wrong please explain how to fix something.

Thanks
;)
alx_max

Post by alx_max »

That's awesome! Thank you very much!