Download History Bar - Nix

Iron Forum for english speaking people

numeroprime

Download History Bar - Nix

Post by numeroprime »

Is there a way to not have the download history bar from showing or taking up space at the bottom of the browser window?

Many thanks for any ideas,

Mahalo
ironuser

Re: Download History Bar - Nix

Post by ironuser »

Have you tried clicking the "view all downloads' at the lower right, and removing all of the downloads from the list?
The D/L's have been saved to your computer, and you really don't need them in the browser. That is just information about what was D/L'd and where you put it in your system.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

I forgot to add, that there is an option to 'clear the download history' Under the Tool>Options>Under the Hood>Clear Browsing Data, and put a check by that option. You can also, click the Tool, select Tools, Then 'Clear Browsing Data' and check and uncheck any or all or none.
bulek

Post by bulek »

He does not ask how to clear download history but rather how to avoid the bar at the bottom which shows current downloads or just finished downloads.

I don't think you can completely get rid of it. You must close it every time it shows up to save your screen space.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

There is no download bar at the bottom, if there is no downloads in the 'download history' to cause the bar to stay open.
If the D/L history is cleared, that bar goes away on it's own.
Works that way for me anyhow. But you do what you gotta do that works for you.
bulek

Post by bulek »

That's is strange what you say. Even if I clear completely DL history as soon as I download something new the bar pops up as usual showing the current download status. This has nothing to do with history. The bar is shown always when a new download starts regardless of the history empty or not.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

bulek wrote:That's is strange what you say. Even if I clear completely DL history as soon as I download something new the bar pops up as usual showing the current download status. This has nothing to do with history. The bar is shown always when a new download starts regardless of the history empty or not.
The OP asked
Is there a way to not have the download history bar from showing or taking up space at the bottom of the browser window?
My responses are all centered around the fact that IF the download history is kept cleared, then the 'download history bar' the OP was asking about will not show. You are right when you say it comes back with the next D/L, but clearing it again makes it gone again, poof, not seen, not there, gone away, ad infinitum.
bulek

Post by bulek »

ironuser, if that's your understanding then there is a simpler way. You just click "x" button to close the bar - no need to clear history every time :).
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

Just as easy to click the 'Show all downloads' and CLEAR.
Why the hell do I need a bunch of download information following me around.
Like I said earlier, you do it your way, I'll do it my way. Then you are happy and I have a clear download history. I answered the OP the way I know how to keep the D/L bar gone, and You gave your views.
Now, leave it be! You are becoming a PITA