Cache Question

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Lloen

Cache Question

Post by Lloen »

So I've been looking on the site for about half an hour and my question wasn't really answered. I was wondering, does SRware's incognito automatically clear its cache upon closing?
If not how long does the cache exist for? I'm thinking for images, videos, sounds, etc.

Anyone have the answer? :)

Thanks!
ironuser

Re: Cache Question

Post by ironuser »

Click the Tool icon, then select Options, then Under the Hood, then the Clear Browsing Data button.
You can set it to what you want, BUT Incognito does not save much data! That is why it is call incognito.

Here is the verbage on a new tab when in 'incognito'.
You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito window. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of:
Websites that collect or share information about you
Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you visit
Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
Surveillance by secret agents
People standing behind you
Learn more about incognito browsing.
Because SRWare Iron does not control how extensions handle your personal data, all extensions have been disabled for incognito windows. You can reenable them individually in the extensions manager.
bulek

Re: Cache Question

Post by bulek »

Incognito uses the same cache as the "normal" mode. Only the history is not being stored at all and the cookies are being removed after you close all Iincognito windows. The cache and all what you have browsed through is on your disk when you close all Iron "normal" and Incognito windows.