Odd delay when accessing pages

Iron Forum for english speaking people

rob_v

Odd delay when accessing pages

Post by rob_v »

Hello all, Been using Iron since 6.xx been a great browser.

I just installed 8.0.555.0 and I'm seeing something odd. Any time I click a bookmart or type in a url, I get a distinct 3-5 second delay before anything happens.
Ie - In my bookmark bar at the top, I have srware.net and php.net - if I click php.net - the url changes to php, but I can count to 3 until I see the small window pop at the bottom saying whats going on - then the page pops.
If I click on a link on a page that goes to a new page - no delay at all. I notice it especially if Im doing a search (I always just type in the address area to search), I type something, hit enter and it just sits there - then the status pops at the bottom - waiting for google.

Im pretty sure its not a DNS issue, b/c it does not do it on any other browser I have tried.

Again - it only happens when I click a bookmark or I type a url in the address bar. Has any one else seen this before?

Thanks
-Rob
megaman

Re: Odd delay when accessing pages

Post by megaman »

The hard part is that I can't replicate your problem. Maybe you have a download or something taking up speed. I have a game downloader than limits my net speed and slow the loading process. Also, I have tried all my browsers and they load very quick on those sites, when I pause the game from downloading of course. To me, SRWARE does load slow but maybe it's because the location of the server vs. my location in the world, and I have to add that my AdBlock Plus is blocking ads so it limits rendering speed on a webpage.

You could also have set some settings that cause conflict, I wouldn't know which ones since I am not you. I mean, the possibilities are endless. Try restarting your machine or log-off and log-on.
mapx

Post by mapx »

you could cancel your history and empty the cache
rob_v

Post by rob_v »

Tried rebooting and clearing everything.

Thats the odd things - Its not a speed thing, once the browser finds the page - bang - it loads. The delay is when I hit enter after typing something in the address bar.

If you type in google.com in the address bar and hit return - Normally - Immediately after you hit enter - the status bar at the bottom pops up and says waiting for google.com...request..blahblahblah and the page pop.
The delay is when I hit enter - its like nothing happens - no hourglass, no spin, nothing - then after like 3-5 secs the status bar pops at the bottom - then goes on as normal.

If I uninstall, I assume it would still leave some traces around - is there a guild to do a full uninstall? So I can re-install clean?
mapx

Post by mapx »

normal uninstall and then you can delete:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\local settings\application data\Chromium

but this way you'll delete all your profile (bookmarks, passwords, history and so on )
megaman

Post by megaman »

You can always try RevoUninstaller, it removes everything(95% of the time it's really everything) that the program has/left off, so you would be installing a clean version of a program.