New Iron-Version: 8.0.555.0 Stable for Linux

Iron Forum for english speaking people

RWUK

Re: New Iron-Version: 8.0.555.0 Stable for Linux

Post by RWUK »

Two more quick questions. I'm a new Linux user (Mint 9 KDE) but have used Iron for a while now with Windows.

Flash audio is not working in Iron (or FF for that matter) and I cannot find a way to fix this. Shockwave Flash is installed and enabled as a plugin (Iron came with this) but I have no working sound in web browsers. The command 'sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree' didn't do anything as I've seen suggested in other forums. All other media from the hard drive works fine.

Also, how do you actually 'install' Iron so that it shows up with an icon in the Applications menus?

Thanks in advance.
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

RWUK wrote:Is there a way to reduce the disk and media cache sizes for Iron in Linux like in Windows?
Seems there's no way to edit posts so I'll ask this here.

How do you actually install this into Linux? I'm using Mint 9 and Iron runs fine from any drive location but I want the shortcut to show up in menus with all the other applications.

Thanks in advance.
CyberGhost

Post by CyberGhost »

something strange just happened and I did not find any clues on the net with regards to fixing it...

the Iron browser suddenly started to consume 100% of processor power and when I closed it and tried to reopen, I got this message:

FATAL:chrome/common/net/url_fetcher.cc(157)] Check failed: request_context_getter_. We need an URLRequestContext!
Aborted

I have the 64-bit version on Ubuntu 10.10 - Iron worked really well until now (latest version, 8.0.555.0 for Linux)
I also have Google Chrome installed on the same machine and FLASH (nonfree), although this all worked well for me before
3 extensions are also installed that block Analytics and other tracking codes (can't remember those names at the moment, let me know if you need them)

thanks for any suggestion :)
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

Oops, sorry for what is basically a double post.

I switched from KDE to Gnome and all the sound works fine. Seems I need to learn to compile the program so Iron integrates into the OS? I have some reading to do.
liquid.dave

Post by liquid.dave »

The work is very much appreciated.

Working very nice of my linux box :)

Go raibh maith agat
dayer

Post by dayer »

Why if I active HTML5 in YouTube I can't see too many videos? I don't know why if Iron doesn't support H.264 (I understand it) them YouTube doesn't get a video in Flash as it happen with Opera or last Chomiums. :?
Pepix3

Post by Pepix3 »

still no sign of the 12 quick windows on new tab?
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

How do we change the user agent ID?

I'm assuming it's not a simple UA.ini like with Windows.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

RWUK wrote:How do we change the user agent ID?

I'm assuming it's not a simple UA.ini like with Windows.
/opt/UA.ini
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
RWUK

Post by RWUK »

SRWare wrote:/opt/UA.ini
Thanks for that.

Would this directory be a better place to put the Iron program folder than /home? I noticed my distro has Firefox stuff in /opt too.