Questions of the features enabled by default in Iron SRWare

Iron Forum for english speaking people

kazehiri

Questions of the features enabled by default in Iron SRWare

Post by kazehiri »

Hi,i'm a new user in this forum,and i have a question to the enabled features in SrWare Iron,i try and it's fantastic,but I have seen Google's translator is enabled by default, even knowing that belongs to Google, Google Chrome has created and has many privacy issues (hence born this project).My question is if you could delete the code the translator, or disable it by default.Thanks.
megaman

Re: Questions of the features enabled by default in Iron SRW

Post by megaman »

I am with you on that one.
There is one thing that gets to me, though.
If they rework the code so that Google doesn't get into our privacy, wouldn't they have happened to rework the code so that the Translator doesn't either? Even though I am a Bablefish user, I think that the translator is a good option. :)
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

You can disable the translator...i did. I won't run any of chromes extensions, because most of them enable the tracking crap. I try not to use anything that's connected to a server, or that auto updates.
kazehiri

Post by kazehiri »

jazluvr wrote:You can disable the translator...i did. I won't run any of chromes extensions, because most of them enable the tracking crap. I try not to use anything that's connected to a server, or that auto updates.
Yes i know i can disable the translator,but the translator it's a service of Google,and it's connected to a Google's server.But i don't understand why a Google service is enabled by default,and the Google's extensions,for example,are bad,because track/monitors the user and it's a Google service as the translator.Thanks.