Iron has stolen all focus and covers the taskbar!!

Iron Forum for english speaking people

hulland

Iron has stolen all focus and covers the taskbar!!

Post by hulland »

Running Windows 7 Ultimate, recently changed the skin to an Aqua one, since about the same time, Iron will not allow any other apps to take away the focus--I have to minimise to get access to the other windows, and most of the time Iron is displaying IN FRONT the task bar!

Have reverted to standard theme but no change-- How can I revert to "standard" behaviour please?
hulland

Re: Iron has stolen all focus and covers the taskbar!!

Post by hulland »

All OK -- just upgraded to the new version and all is fine again now.
hulland

Post by hulland »

[quote][/quote]After installing the new version all was well, then when I installed the water theme, Iron has again messed up all the focus in Win 7 so am now uninstalling Iron and re-installing. Question is, is it just the Water theme, or is it any change of theme that screws up the focus in Windows 7 ?>?
hulland

Post by hulland »

I have uninstalled Iron--re-installed iron, only kept the default skin. It STILL steals the focus totally, either in full screen or semi-minimised mode--is this just my computer, or has anyone else got this annoyance??
1Rosomak

Post by 1Rosomak »

I'm experiencing this issue as well, mostly now after my OS being migrated from Win7 to Win8.1 and here I need the taskbar more than ever b4.
BTW the issue has been documented on the google chromium bug portal and hasn't been solved for more than two years. I think it started in version 31 or something like that.
But because SRWare Iron developers are using the chromium code, it should be possible for them to find out where the problem is (why is Iron stealing focus when being maximized), solve it and document for future implementations as the new version arrives from Chromium project.
1Rosomak

Post by 1Rosomak »

Even after fresh install of NTB and SRWare 37.0.2000.0 (291000), the trouble with SRWare staying on top of the Windows (8.1) taskbar remains ... I have to run Iron not maximized to be able to work with taskbar ...