incognito window

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Cliff

incognito window

Post by Cliff »

Hello,

Is there any way to disable the incognito window in this browser. I saw in the comparison that this browser can be reverse-engineered. Is there a way to remove the incognito window option?

Thanks,

Cliff
bulek

Re: incognito window

Post by bulek »

Reverse engineering of this browser does not make sense since its source code is available.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

Cliff wrote:Hello,

Is there any way to disable the incognito window in this browser. I saw in the comparison that this browser can be reverse-engineered. Is there a way to remove the incognito window option?

Thanks,

Cliff
why do you want to remove it?
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

I am developing an add-on.
This add-on will filter the internet.
For people who want this filtering, I need to disable the incognito window ... which of course bypassess all add-ons.
bulek

Post by bulek »

There is no need to disable incognito mode. In Iron 8 every user can decide on each extension separately if it should be turned on in incognito mode ("Allow in incognito" option in extensions list). So if the users wants your filtering in incognito mode he will just allow for it.
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Thanks. Is there a way for me to control if my addon runs in incognito mode?
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

... by that I mean control it from the addon itself and not rely on the user?
bulek

Post by bulek »

I don't think so. If you could get access to the incognito mode without initial user's decision then your addon would be rather a kind of "spyware" with some hidden functionality. That's the benefit of Chrome/Iron where the user decides on what is allowed and what is not.