activate cookies: --enable-cookie-prompt flag

Post by mapx »

u can enable: --enable-cookie-prompt
after this the you will have the option (content settings - cookies):

"ask me when a site tries to set data"
jazluvr

Re: activate cookies: --enable-cookie-prompt flag

Post by jazluvr »

Yes! It works...lol...this site wanted to plant a google cookie and i told it not to and i was able to log in anyway! Awesome. Thank you mapx!! Very much appreciated! Now if only i can find out why i have to right click on something and "run as an administrator when every window i can open tells me I'm the administrator. I want to actually BE the admin, not a dam assistant...lol.
mapx

Post by mapx »

jazluvr wrote:Now if only i can find out why i have to right click on something and "run as an administrator when every window i can open tells me I'm the administrator. I want to actually BE the admin, not a dam assistant...lol.
- must go in iron program location
- Right-click on "iron.exe", then click "Properties"
- Now click on the "Compatibility" tab
- also click on the "Change settings for all users" button
- Un-check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click "OK" or "Close" or "X"

or ...
u can disable UAC thing
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

mapx wrote:
jazluvr wrote:Now if only i can find out why i have to right click on something and "run as an administrator when every window i can open tells me I'm the administrator. I want to actually BE the admin, not a dam assistant...lol.
- must go in iron program location
- Right-click on "iron.exe", then click "Properties"
- Now click on the "Compatibility" tab
- also click on the "Change settings for all users" button
- Un-check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click "OK" or "Close" or "X"

or ...
u can disable UAC thing
Thanks mapx...awesome i didn't know i could do that. So much to learn...and I been building pc's for over 6 years and get an A+ certification in '01, and i still know very little about the vista-win7 platform. I went right from xp home version to win7 pro 64 bit. I make it a point to click on stuff and experiment and try to learn as much as i can by reading and experimenting.

Anyway, the main reason i wanted to be able to use my entire system as an admin is so i can use scream81's adblock updater--> http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1971 Seeing as how my iron (not portable version) mine is the .exe version, is in the protected files "programs folder, windows won't allow anything to be written to it. But i can manually copy and paste fanboys list and update it that way. I tried putting it in my startup folder also and it still didn't work.

But everybody else seems to be able to use it just fine but me. Also i should mention that my C:\ drive is "protected", and i thought it was-is safer to protect it than leave that function on "unprotected." So does everybody else run their systems "unprotected"? I had to give up cuz i can't get it to work. I don't know why everybody else can, but i can't... :lol:
bulek

Post by bulek »

I think that flag just works in the older versions of Chromium... maybe therefore in Iron 7 too. The flag does not have any effect in Chromium 9 and 10 so don't expect Iron to have it for good. I suspect version 8 may already be ripped off from this flag.
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

bulek wrote:I think that flag just works in the older versions of Chromium... maybe therefore in Iron 7 too. The flag does not have any effect in Chromium 9 and 10 so don't expect Iron to have it for good. I suspect version 8 may already be ripped off from this flag.
Well, that would really suck...if they do deny us that, i just may start looking at switching back to ie9, as they are implimenting a do not track feature that mozilla caved in on from the advert industry. Thank's for the heads up bulek. Good looking out.

SRWare guys, please don't take this ability away from us if you can help it. i love this browser, but i don't want a boatload of cookies following me around.
mapx

Post by mapx »

as an alternative

- block sites from setting any data
- on the URL line you can see an icon you can use to manage the cookies for that page/site , allow/remove actions
- it's better than having a popup window for any new site
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

mapx wrote:as an alternative

- on the URL line you can see an icon you can use to manage the cookies for that page/site , allow/remove actions
What URL line icon are you referring to?
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

jazluvr wrote: SRWare guys, please don't take this ability away from us if you can help it. i love this browser, but i don't want a boatload of cookies following me around.
If you'd use the incognito, you could do a lot to keep cookie from following you anywhere!
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90&f=18
Even in regular mode, all you need do is not allow any cookies, and delete them each time you shut Iron down.
mapx

Post by mapx »

ironuser wrote:
mapx wrote:as an alternative

What URL line icon are you referring to?
in the URL line, on the right you can see (when block sites) an icon with an "X"