new adblock.ini updater

Iron Forum for english speaking people

ironuser

Re: new adblock.ini updater

Post by ironuser »

jazluvr wrote:Also what is strange i find need to manually scroll down the complete list of text to select and save it to desktop as a usable .ini file, otherwise it just copies and saves it as a .txt file...lol.
Notepad will automatically try to save as .txt when save a new document.
If you open the adblock.ini file, Select All(from the EDIT menu), delete it, then PASTE the content from Fanboy's page and save it, it should save as adblock.ini, not as a .txt. That assumes your not 'protected' to the point of not being able to 'overwrite' an existing file.

I wish I could help more with your 'admin' problem, but I don't have, nor will I ever have win7, 64bit. Not enough call for it now, nor in the real near future from what I see. Try unprotecting the disk. See if it helps is the only advice I can offer.
zaky

Post by zaky »

Scream81 wrote:cause I can't find the edit button, here the mirror: adblock_update.zip
thanks a lot it works great :D
Zoonline

Post by Zoonline »

Iron quite impressive as it's able using instruction files like adblock.ini for handle privacy and blocking requests.

Only one thing which makes this a bit non understandable. No offense but In the same time we do have an extension that works perfectly in Iron.

AdBlock which has support for handle & update multiple lists seamlessly in the browser https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kkbiglidom
arflech

Post by arflech »

There is a better extension, using the WebRequest API (under "experimental builds"): https://adblockplus.org/en/development- ... stallation

Anyway, adblock.ini did make sense back in the day when Chromium derivatives didn't support extensions, and then later on when extensions couldn't reliably block the loading of Web content; that problem is only now being addressed.