adblock.ini on fanboy.co.nz EOL

Iron Forum for english speaking people

ironuser

Re: adblock.ini on fanboy.co.nz EOL

Post by ironuser »

ext0l wrote:where do I put the adblock.ini file? By the way I am using Ubuntu.
It's been a few yeas since I used a linux distro, but I'm betting if you run a search of your drive(s) for adblock.ini you will find it where Iron is installed, and is probably a zero byte file with no content.
ext0l

Post by ext0l »

ironuser wrote:
It's been a few yeas since I used a linux distro, but I'm betting if you run a search of your drive(s) for adblock.ini you will find it where Iron is installed, and is probably a zero byte file with no content.
Can't find it. I did an internet search and I've read that some people say to create a opt/ folder somewhere and make the file because of a bug.

Thanks.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

ext0l wrote:
ironuser wrote:
Can't find it. I did an internet search and I've read that some people say to create a opt/ folder somewhere and make the file because of a bug.

Thanks.
Have you posted about specifically in the Iron English Linux thread? Someone there my have the answer you need.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

I found this on fanboy's page.
save this file into,
Windows: C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\
Linux/Mac: /opt/
So it looks like you need to look for something in the /opt/ folder of your linux file structure. Try opening the main list at http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/iron/adblock.ini , right click, and Saves As: adblock.ini into the /opt/ folder.
Don't forget to remove the .txt after the .ini in tha save as box.
mynamehere

Post by mynamehere »

The Adthwart link actually takes you to Adblock Plus for Google Chrome™ (formerly AdThwart), very nice to see Adblock Plus support for Chrome. :)
Now if I could only get extensions from the Chrome Web Store to install in SRWare Iron. :(