about google tranlate and gpu acceleration

Iron Forum for english speaking people

jazluvr

about google tranlate and gpu acceleration

Post by jazluvr »

I have 2 questions. I clicked on "about google translate, and it brought me to googles site and the add-on. Does this thing track you like other add-ons do? I know most of their add-ons enable the tracking crap, and was wondering if this does, and how can i tell?

Also, how do i enable gpu acceleration? i read "Mr. Smith's" comment about it...>We released the new Iron 7 today, which contains all features and updates known from Chromim 7. The current version is 7.0.520.0.
Mainly this release contains bug- and securitypatches, but there is also GPU-suppoterted rendering included (beta). You can activate this over the startmenu or
with --enable-accelerated-compositing.

Where and how do i do this? oh, and by the way, if you clear your cache, you will also clear scroogle from being your default search engine. Why is this not the default search engine since google tacks you ? i use ccleaner to clean out all iron history.
jazluvr

Re: about google tranlate and gpu acceleration

Post by jazluvr »

Man, i wish you guys would update this page so we can edit our posts. No offence, great community and love the browser, but this thing is like slow motion... :lol: I wanted to ask if gpu acceleration, once enabled, is google specific and is it an add-on that enables the tracking crap? Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

Where is this "start menu" you speak of...lol.
curlin

Post by curlin »

jazluvr wrote:and by the way, if you clear your cache, you will also clear scroogle from being your default search engine. Why is this not the default search engine since google tacks you ? i use ccleaner to clean out all iron history.
Don't use ccleaner for this. Use the extension "Click&Clean" with the "7 pass wipe". Will leave your icons and search engine settings alone ;)
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

curlin wrote:
jazluvr wrote:and by the way, if you clear your cache, you will also clear scroogle from being your default search engine. Why is this not the default search engine since google tacks you ? i use ccleaner to clean out all iron history.
Don't use ccleaner for this. Use the extension "Click&Clean" with the "7 pass wipe". Will leave your icons and search engine settings alone ;)
Huh?? What the heck is Click & Clean...with 7 pass wipe? c'mon, srware guys, Please, please add an edit posts function to this board. It needs it really bad! Please? :lol: I just "scroogle click&clean, and it's a chrome extention!!!! These extentions enable the tracking that iron is disabling. Most of chromes add-ons will even warn you that they will be able to gather info if you install it.

No offense man, but you gotta learn about these extensions. They tie the tracking mechanisms right into your iron browser, therefore negating the purpose of using iron in the 1st place. Most of the add-ons are auto updated, which means you are connected to THEIR server! I don't want to be connected to ANY server.

I will never use one single chrome extention. And if you want iron to truly be free of tracking, i would check more into these chrome extensions. I mean this respectfully, curlin.

And would somebody please answer my questions about the google translator and gpu acceleration? I see no direction that even indicate how to go about enabling this. And again...very importantly, is gpu acceleration a chrome add-on or is it NOT CONNECTED TO ANY SERVER?
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

sorry if my lst post offended anyone. personal stuff getting to me. Curlin, i aplogise if i seemed to talk down to you. Also, i meant the google translator on our own Iron page here...is this a google extention? Or tied to google tracking in any way? I doubt the srware guys would use it if it did, but it don't hurt to ask.

Also, if someone could please enlighten me about how to enable gpu acceleration, and tell me if this is a google extention, which i doubt, but want to be sure, i would really appreciate it. Again, sorry for my indignation before.
mapx

Post by mapx »

In your shortcut for Iron, put “–enable-accelerated-compositing” into your shortcut:

right-click on your shortcut and then:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mapx

Post by mapx »

you also have in your START menu, in the list of programms, the section "srware iron" , a new voice:

SRWare Iron + GPU (Beta)
curlin

Post by curlin »

jazluvr wrote:sorry if my lst post offended anyone. personal stuff getting to me. Curlin, i aplogise if i seemed to talk down to you. Also, i meant the google translator on our own Iron page here...is this a google extention? Or tied to google tracking in any way? I doubt the srware guys would use it if it did, but it don't hurt to ask.

Also, if someone could please enlighten me about how to enable gpu acceleration, and tell me if this is a google extention, which i doubt, but want to be sure, i would really appreciate it. Again, sorry for my indignation before.
No offense taken Jazluvr ;)
jazluvr

Post by jazluvr »

Thanks Mapx, i put the command in the path exactly like you have outlined, and i get a pop up window that says; "the name "C:\Program Files (86)SRWare Iron.exe"-enable-accelarated-compositing' specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." Is this also a "protected files" issue that only affects me? ...lol.? Also i noticed in your screenshot the "start in" field is filled in. Mine is blank by default. Srware guys, can you please help out here?

Boy, the adblocker is very aggressive in this version...haha..i see "page cannot be displayed" in almost every site i go to...lol!

I tried 3 times, and it didn't work.

I see also you're using chrome...but you're here in the iron forum where the whole purpose of using Iron is to avoid the tracking...I don't understand this, or why the srware guys aren't commenting on my questions about our "google translator"...
mapx

Post by mapx »

you must put double "-";

"C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-accelerated-compositing