New Iron-Version: 6.0.475.1 Stable for Linux

Iron Forum for english speaking people

kukai

Re: New Iron-Version: 6.0.475.1 Stable for Linux

Post by kukai »

I do not manage to install Iron on linux (Fedora 14).
Things I've done:
- downloaded tar.gz
- extracted the archive
- doubled click iron executable .... nothing happened.

Please let me know how to manage the installation of Iron on Linux. Please tell de steps of the installation as you were talking to idiots. :)
It is my favourite browser on Windows but now when I switched to Linux I was not able to run Iron.
gamgas

Post by gamgas »

Hi there kukai,

I had the same problem you have (clicking the executable and nothing happened), and I am using opensuse 11.2. I read somewhere that the issue was that the launcher (chrome-wrapper) searched for the string 'chrome' when the only executable you have on the extracted folder is called 'iron', so I did the following:

I renamed 'iron', the file marked as executable, to 'chrome'. From then on, clicking on 'chrome-wrapper' has always worked for starting Iron.

Hope it helps :) I can start it from inside the unpacked folder after I did this, but I added it to my kickoff launcher (sort of a 'start menu') on suse manually as well.
kukai

Post by kukai »

gamgas wrote:Hi there kukai,

I had the same problem you have (clicking the executable and nothing happened), and I am using opensuse 11.2. I read somewhere that the issue was that the launcher (chrome-wrapper) searched for the string 'chrome' when the only executable you have on the extracted folder is called 'iron', so I did the following:

I renamed 'iron', the file marked as executable, to 'chrome'. From then on, clicking on 'chrome-wrapper' has always worked for starting Iron.

Hope it helps :) I can start it from inside the unpacked folder after I did this, but I added it to my kickoff launcher (sort of a 'start menu') on suse manually as well.
Thank a lot, @gamgas. Your method worked just fine.
Gh0sTRiDeR

Post by Gh0sTRiDeR »

i have problem loading some of the youtube videos :(
like this one here:

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaKnRUfh_5I
no problem with FF or IE.
gamgas

Post by gamgas »

@kukai: Glad I could be helpful!

@Gh0sTRiDeR: I tried to load that video and it didn't work. Then I hit refresh and it worked. I've noticed this behaviour a few times with Iron (not sure if the Windows version does the same), but it always works after a couple of reload attempts. Have you insisted a couple of times to see if you never manage to load it at all?
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

coming soon
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php