New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Iron Forum for english speaking people

New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 pm

We can now offer you a stable version of Iron for MacOS X.
You can also use the adblocker and the user agent switcher on Mac now, which is already known from the windows-version.

The changelog in detail:
- integrated Adblocker
- integrated Useragent
- improved speed
- integrated translation function
- optinal extension support in incognito mode
- extended privacy settings (JavaScript Block and much more)
- improved HTML5 Support
- improved bookmark manager
and much more

To activate the adblocker, you have to put the adblock.ini (the same as in the windows version) to the /opt/ directory.
The UA.ini for the user agent switcher has to be also in /opt.

Download:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-mac.zip
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby nihalz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 pm

awesome release!!!

but i cannot make the adblocker work...i cannot find the opt directory anywhere
can anyone please tell me where the opt directory is located? or do i have to create it?

thanks
nihalz
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:40 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:13 am

nihalz wrote:awesome release!!!

but i cannot make the adblocker work...i cannot find the opt directory anywhere
can anyone please tell me where the opt directory is located? or do i have to create it?

thanks


http://ecmarchitect.com/archives/2009/10/26/1072
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby SvenH » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 am

Works great, thanks.

Question: where else can I put adblock.ini and/or how do I point Iron to a specific adblock.ini? I am already using command line switches to the Chromium executable. I do not have root/admin access to my Mac hence no access to /opt.

Sven
SvenH
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 am

SvenH wrote:Works great, thanks.

Question: where else can I put adblock.ini and/or how do I point Iron to a specific adblock.ini? I am already using command line switches to the Chromium executable. I do not have root/admin access to my Mac hence no access to /opt.

Sven


Sorry, at the moment it can be only put in /opt/.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby dajinni » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Very nice!

Vielen dank !

:ironvsff
dajinni
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby davidwootton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:07 pm

I've just installed the Mac version, and tried to follow the instructions for installing adblocker. If I enter into terminal the command sudo SetFile -a v /opt the response I get is "command not known". Am I entering the wrong command? Or in the wrong place? I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4. A very simple set of instructions for a relatively unskilled person would be a great help -- I'm keen to adopt this programme, but only if I can run adblocker with it!
davidwootton
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby SRWare » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:29 pm

davidwootton wrote:I've just installed the Mac version, and tried to follow the instructions for installing adblocker. If I enter into terminal the command sudo SetFile -a v /opt the response I get is "command not known". Am I entering the wrong command? Or in the wrong place? I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.4. A very simple set of instructions for a relatively unskilled person would be a great help -- I'm keen to adopt this programme, but only if I can run adblocker with it!


Try it this way:
-Open command line
-Type: sudo nano /opt/adblock.ini
-Paste the content of http://www.srware.net/downloads/adblock.ini in the editor and save the file
-Restart iron
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby davidwootton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks for this help, but I had already found what seems like an even easier solution. This is an add-on for chrome which seems to function fine in iron:
http://download.cnet.com/Adblock-for-Ch ... 00931.html
If I am right you should be encouraging everyone to install it -- or are there people who really want ads???
davidwootton
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for MacOS

Postby rsmereka » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks But,

No indication of what versions of Mac OS X are supported. I am running 10.4 (Tiger) and when I attempt to run the application, I get a dialog saying this version of Mac OS is not supported.

What's the scoop?

Rick
rsmereka
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:13 pm


Next

Return to SRWare Iron Support (English)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 17 guests