Content Manager - Problem in full incognito

Iron Forum for english speaking people

w33d3r

Content Manager - Problem in full incognito

Post by w33d3r »

Posted this a few times and have had no response, wondering if I am not making it understood so decided to explain with pictures...

Version 5.0.326 alpha DOES NOT have this problem - Everything in that version works as expected.

ALL versions after version 5.0.326 alpha have this problem, including 5.0.381

In Full Incognito mode....

Now revert to normal mode....

In full incognito mode in version 5.0.326 alpha, exceptions CAN be set

In all versions after that version, exceptions can NOT be set in full incognito mode.

Hope the above explains better my issue with all recent versions.
w33d3r

Re: Content Manager - Problem in full incognito

Post by w33d3r »

In all new versions since 5.0.326 I have made a point of completely cleaning out the previous version, left behind registry settings and hidden folders - So that there can be no possibility of information left behind corrupting or confusing the new installation.

Windows 7, x32.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Anyone wanting to use the old reliable version in this regard....
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1280
bulek

Post by bulek »

I understand you are not so happy with such behavior. It is however not a bug... that's a Chromium code change on purpose. The main reason (as far as I can see reading some discussions) is that Incognito mode should not leave any traces. Storing various settings that has been changed during Incognito mode could leave some traces. For example if you visit in Incognito playboy.com and add an exception to this site then your girlfriend could in theory see that you are looking for some nice girls other than she ;).

I tend to agree that the solution is maybe not ideal but that was a background of this change. Anyway since usually one does not set so many exceptions I think you could add all permanent exceptions in normal mode (where they are stored permanently) and then browse in Incognito.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

:) At long last, someone who knows.

Thank you bulek, the amount of times I have mentioned it and nobody addressed the concern, I was beginning to think it was a problem nobody could solve.

I can understand the train of thought making that decision, but ....

it also now forces people who dont want the bother of clearing out history but do want finer control over exceptions - to start gathering history....

Or, have to fire up Iron in normal mode, allow exception for the site, go through the menus to delete all browsing history from that session, close Iron, and re-launch Iron in full incognito mode again and go back to the site you were looking at..... :shock:

:idea: Ideally if we are forced to use Iron in normal mode to allow finer control over exceptions, then we should also have the equivalent of Firefox to automatically clear out all history when the browser is closed.

I would prefer if it did all of this......

Automatically when Iron is closed.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

While I am suggesting ideas, this would be nice too....

The new tab to open our chosen home page instead of the history gathering default.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

@ SRWare - I have taken up using the new stable version and adapting to how it works. I cant find anything wrong with it apart from the chromium decision to stop people making exceptions, so it seems to be a good stable release so far.

?? Is there a possibility my last two suggestions could be in a future version ??

Auto clean out of browsing history when Iron shuts down - Similar to firefox

And using the users home page for a new tab

Thank you in advance for any response, and the continued work you are doing on this. I think a few of my posts may seem a bit critical of your work, but I do very much appreciate what you are doing here. :)
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

w33d3r wrote:@ SRWare - I have taken up using the new stable version and adapting to how it works. I cant find anything wrong with it apart from the chromium decision to stop people making exceptions, so it seems to be a good stable release so far.

?? Is there a possibility my last two suggestions could be in a future version ??

Auto clean out of browsing history when Iron shuts down - Similar to firefox

And using the users home page for a new tab

Thank you in advance for any response, and the continued work you are doing on this. I think a few of my posts may seem a bit critical of your work, but I do very much appreciate what you are doing here. :)
Hello w33d3r,
we will see , maybe this will be added.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Danke für die Berücksichtigung dieser.
xintian111

Post by xintian111 »

The main reason (as far as I can see reading some discussions) is that Incognito mode should not leave any traces.