New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby ResDog » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:00 pm

I miss the previous version (5.0.380) "beta" grey-and-blue GUI so!
Is there any way to get it back? Maybe a 3rd party extension?
ResDog
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:57 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby ResDog » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Here's an adequate replacement:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/de ... mkadfcndnd

Although I cannot really undertand why you scrapped all the new UI changes i.e. the unification of the refresh button with the URL bar, the new default favicons and the removal of "http://"
ResDog
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:57 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby sjowij » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 pm

I tried the Iron browser (latest version: 5.0.381 on Windows XP).
At first it worked like a charm, nice and fast. But later on nothing happened when I clicked the shortcut.
In taskmanager there were 4-6 processes named "iron.exe" and the sytem hanged.
This happened several times and ik gave up on Iron, I uninstalled it.

Did I do something worng? Or has anyone a solution?
Most of you are satisfied...
sjowij
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby negated » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Just wanted to say that this version of Iron has been the best so far for me. I'm using this one two Win7 x64 machines.

Almost all of my issues with previous versions have been cleared up. The only issue still remaining is the occasional new Iron instance opening when I try to sign into GMail (fairly infrequently).

There is also a continuing issue with certain Flash based embedded videos (controls do not work in full screen mode, like Ve3d.com).

However, on the plus side:

Seems WAY more stable than previous versions.
Gmail Checker Plus extension works again.
No more phantom (Undefined) field entries when clicking in blank fields.
One Iron instance crashing does not crash other instances (never worked until now!).

Those are the big ones for me anyway...hope the Linux version gets updated as well!

Definitely satisfied with this release. Keep up the good work.

-S
negated
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:31 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby ironfan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 pm

google: "Minimem is a memory optimization tools that allows you running modern applications on not-so-modern computers that are RAM-limited."
Works good with XP (Iron portable), configurable freeware.
ironfan
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:10 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby ad47uk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm

why won't iron stay as default browser? i only got Internet Exploder and Iron installed and no matter what I try, IE still stays as the default browser.

I just reinstalled windows 7 64bit, but before I did that Iron did the same thing on Windows 7 32bit, with IE and Firefox installed, for some reason Iron will not stay as default.
ad47uk
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby Carl » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:46 am

There seem to be a (few) memory leaks in this version :roll:
to SRWare: will you answer my pm ?
Carl
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby sjowij » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:02 am

sjowij wrote:I tried the Iron browser (latest version: 5.0.381 on Windows XP).
At first it worked like a charm, nice and fast. But later on nothing happened when I clicked the shortcut.
In taskmanager there were 4-6 processes named "iron.exe" and the sytem hanged.
This happened several times and ik gave up on Iron, I uninstalled it.

Did I do something worng? Or has anyone a solution?
Most of you are satisfied...


No response of SRWare?
Maybe it's wishful thinking that that Iron is a stable browser? :cry:
Okay, back to the real world outside SRWare.
sjowij
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby SRWare » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:59 am

sjowij wrote:
sjowij wrote:I tried the Iron browser (latest version: 5.0.381 on Windows XP).
At first it worked like a charm, nice and fast. But later on nothing happened when I clicked the shortcut.
In taskmanager there were 4-6 processes named "iron.exe" and the sytem hanged.
This happened several times and ik gave up on Iron, I uninstalled it.

Did I do something worng? Or has anyone a solution?
Most of you are satisfied...


No response of SRWare?
Maybe it's wishful thinking that that Iron is a stable browser? :cry:
Okay, back to the real world outside SRWare.


Which website did you call?
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.381 Stable for Windows

Postby sjowij » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 pm

SRWare wrote:
sjowij wrote:
sjowij wrote:I tried the Iron browser (latest version: 5.0.381 on Windows XP).
At first it worked like a charm, nice and fast. But later on nothing happened when I clicked the shortcut.
In taskmanager there were 4-6 processes named "iron.exe" and the sytem hanged.
This happened several times and ik gave up on Iron, I uninstalled it.

Did I do something worng? Or has anyone a solution?
Most of you are satisfied...


No response of SRWare?
Maybe it's wishful thinking that that Iron is a stable browser? :cry:
Okay, back to the real world outside SRWare.


Which website did you call?


I used the contact-button on www.srware.net.
Still no response. :cry:
sjowij
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm


PreviousNext

Return to SRWare Iron Support (English)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests