Internal Flash Player

Iron Forum for english speaking people

arflech

Internal Flash Player

Post by arflech »

If you also have Google Chrome, you can copy the internal Flash plugin (e.g., gcswf32.dll on Windows) to the SRWare Iron directory and then add --enable-internal-flash to the shortcut to use Chrome's internal Flash plugin in SRWare Iron!

It is not likely that the internal Flash plugin will ever ship with Chromium, because Flash is not open-source, or with SRWare Iron itself, unless SRWare enters into a similar sort of deal with Adobe.
Udy

Re: Internal Flash Player

Post by Udy »

I find it this good for the "average user" (person who doesn't know how to use a computer), but annoying for everyone else.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

unless SRWare enters into a similar sort of deal with Adobe
That would be so wrong - One of the biggest most lucrative privacy intrusions on browsers is flash, which kind of defeats the whole idea of SRWare Iron fork of chrome. If individuals want flash let them install it fine, but having it as part of the package would be a bad move IMHO. SRWare has regrettably had to use advertising on this site just to keep the site going, and publicly apologised for that state of affairs, but including such things in the setup of Iron ....

I doubt if adobe would agree to cobbling flash to the extent it did not have a clickmap watching everything you do, and could not use high speed realtime reporting of statistics, and had the web cam and microphone interface cut out of its abilities, or have Local Shared Objects disabled... and whatever else it does totally stealthed as far as the user is concerned since adobe bought omniture.

I could imagine the Iron fanbase would diminish if such a move was taken.
rsadix

Post by rsadix »

To get the flash plugin working for Mac do the following:
  • install Google Chrome
  • find the Google Chrome.app file in applications folder, right-click and select "Show Package Contents"
  • navigate to: Contents/Versions/'Version number'/Google Chrome framework/Internet Plug-ins/
  • copy the "Flash Player Plugin for Chrome.plugin" file to: Contents/Versions/Version number/SRWare Iron framework/Internet Plug-ins/ using the same "Show Package Contents" trick
Flash now works in Iron http://www.srware.net/forum/posting.php ... =18&t=1567#

I'm not sure how to update flash with this method, and you will probably have to recopy the plugin when you upgrade Iron.