New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby z25blink » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:16 pm

:?: When will be Iron for Linux finally stable? (5.0.381.0)
z25blink
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:29 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby z25blink » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Help, please, :cry: I have a netbook with Suse Linux SLED and other with Ubuntu Netbook Edition.
How to installl tar.gz file (or similarly tar.bz2) ? .... That are not installers :? like (rpm, deb).
:?: What can I do with tar.gz ?
z25blink
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:29 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby SRWare » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:30 pm

z25blink wrote::?: When will be Iron for Linux finally stable? (5.0.381.0)


Within the next days.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby SRWare » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:31 pm

z25blink wrote:Help, please, :cry: I have a netbook with Suse Linux SLED and other with Ubuntu Netbook Edition.
How to installl tar.gz file (or similarly tar.bz2) ? .... That are not installers :? like (rpm, deb).
:?: What can I do with tar.gz ?


Just extract the .tar.gz with the Archiver and start with a doubleclick on the iron-binary
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby StalkerNOVA » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Any plans to create a repositary with updates?
StalkerNOVA
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby ovnandan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Hey,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and I am loving Iron browser, but since all other platform has gotten their stable version recently I was wondering when we fellow Linux users receiving our stable build?

Please reply soon ;)
ovnandan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby SRWare » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:43 pm

ovnandan wrote:Hey,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and I am loving Iron browser, but since all other platform has gotten their stable version recently I was wondering when we fellow Linux users receiving our stable build?

Please reply soon ;)


in the next days - guaranteed
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby ovnandan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:48 pm

SRWare wrote:
ovnandan wrote:Hey,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and I am loving Iron browser, but since all other platform has gotten their stable version recently I was wondering when we fellow Linux users receiving our stable build?

Please reply soon ;)


in the next days - guaranteed


Thanks, try to cut off some minor annoyances like creepy error loading pages and stuff.
Also I am curious who the update process works? For Linux it has no PPA like Google Chrome, and if you need then Launchpad PPA hosting can help Iron a lot for everything related the future development of this great portable browser.

Thanks for the guarantee!
:ironvsopera
ovnandan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby yo2boy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I agree with ovnandan. A PPA would make things a lot easier AND faster!
yo2boy
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 pm


Previous

Return to SRWare Iron Support (English)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests