New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Iron Forum for english speaking people

New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby SRWare » Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 am

Iron 5.0.377 for Linux is ready for download now. You can get all the new features of the 5.0-Line like the integrated content blocker and the improved performance.

Further we added adblocking and User-Agent switching, which is already known from our windows-versions. Just use UA.ini and adblock.ini for activating this features. The files must be in the current Iron"working dir".

Downloads:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-linux.tar.gz (32-Bit)
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-linux-64.tar.gz (64-Bit)

We will also release a "P2-version" for older CPUs soon.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware
User avatar
SRWare
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby noctrex » Thu May 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Using Ubuntu 9.10 x86, this version of Iron does not work.
The error is:

/opt/iron-linux/iron: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /opt/iron-linux/iron)

ubuntu 9.10 has glibc 9.10.1

I guess this runs only on Ubuntu 10.4 ?
please make it compatible for older versions.
noctrex
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 6:00 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby HansH » Thu May 27, 2010 9:50 pm

noctrex wrote:Using Ubuntu 9.10 x86, this version of Iron does not work.
The error is:
/opt/iron-linux/iron: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /opt/iron-linux/iron)
ubuntu 9.10 has glibc 9.10.1
I guess this runs only on Ubuntu 10.4 ?
please make it compatible for older versions.


Works under Ubuntu 10.04 64bit, no problems sofar.
Thanks for this release, hope it will continue...
HansH
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby quenenni » Fri May 28, 2010 2:11 am

With a (nearly fresh) Debian Testing , this version doesn't work either.

I have the same error:
Code: Select all
./iron: /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./iron)


Code: Select all
dpkg -l libglib2.0-*

ii  libglib2.0-0                         2.24.1-1                             The GLib library of C routines
ii  libglib2.0-cil                       2.12.9-3                             CLI binding for the GLib utility library 2.12
ii  libglib2.0-data                      2.24.1-1                             Common files for GLib library


What is strange is that a friend with also a Debian testing have it working.
I'll try to find what she did to make it work.
quenenni
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby noctrex » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:47 pm

I have confirmed that this version runs only on Ubuntu 10.04. On older versions the application exits with the error I posted before.
noctrex
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 6:00 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby gdunc » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:19 pm

SRWare wrote:Iron 5.0.377 for Linux is ready for download now. You can get all the new features of the 5.0-Line like the integrated content blocker and the improved performance.

Further we added adblocking and User-Agent switching, which is already known from our windows-versions. Just use UA.ini and adblock.ini for activating this features. The files must be in the current Iron"working dir".

Downloads:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-linux.tar.gz (32-Bit)
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-linux-64.tar.gz (64-Bit)

We will also release a "P2-version" for older CPUs soon.


Is it just me or is anyone else unable to use the built in "content blocker" - adblock.ini??

I've put adblock.ini in iron-linux, in ~./config/chromium, and in ~./config/chromium/Default. All of which have no effect.

There seems to be a similar question in the German forum - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1499 - but, I didn't see a resolution. Anyone else have an idea???
gdunc
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:47 am
Location: North Carolina, USA


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby ode » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks for the new version, this is the first version that is stable enough for me to use.

One problem I have found is that Backspace and Shift+Backspace keyboard shortcuts do not work (I'm running the 64bit version.)

Thanks again.
ode
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:01 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby Ezechiel » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm

ode wrote:Thanks for the new version, this is the first version that is stable enough for me to use.

One problem I have found is that Backspace and Shift+Backspace keyboard shortcuts do not work (I'm running the 64bit version.)

Thanks again.


The backspace-action has been removed. AFAIK in Chromium 5 (but I'm not sure).
Try this extension to enable backspace for navigation:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/aeffggjddcchloadflonilaahpclmbnm?hl=en

Bye...
Ezechiel
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 am


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby deVars » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Is the adblock.ini and ua.ini feature implemented here in the linux version?
deVars
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm


Re: New Iron-Version: 5.0.377 Beta for Linux

Postby DonBex » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:49 pm

noctrex wrote:Using Ubuntu 9.10 x86, this version of Iron does not work.
[...]
/opt/iron-linux/iron: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /opt/iron-linux/iron)

ubuntu 9.10 has glibc 9.10.1
[...]

I am experiencing a similar problem under Sabayon Linux (which is Gentoo based, btw), namely when I try to start Iron I get the following error instead:
Code: Select all
./iron: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./iron)

Sabayon is a pretty bleeding edge distro, but currently the latest version of the glibc package I can find is 2.10.1. Maybe you should try to compile Iron with glibc 2.10.1 instead of 2.11, if possible.
DonBex
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:32 pm


Next

Return to SRWare Iron Support (English)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests