Search Suggestions

Iron Forum for english speaking people

bsvols

Search Suggestions

Post by bsvols »

:?: Does anyone know how to turn off the extremely annoying search suggestions in the SRWare Iron browser? No matter which search engine I use (currently scroogle), there are no options in Iron to turn them off.(I am using the 5.0.380 beta version, but Iwill gladly switch back to the stable version if I can find out how to stop the constant nagging suggestions) If Iron is going to track and record everything I do - which is the only way to maintain those suggestions - then despite claims to the contrary, it is just Chrome with a different icon. At least with Chrome, I can use ccleaner to clean some of their junk from my computer.
SRWare
Site Admin

Re: Search Suggestions

Post by SRWare »

Hi,

Iron just shows suggestions out of your own history which are only saved on your hard drive.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
curlin

Post by curlin »

At least with Chrome, I can use ccleaner to clean some of their junk from my computer
CCleaner can be used with iron. Just search the forum or ccleaner forums.
bulek

Post by bulek »

Your privacy requirements make me think the most suitable for you would be to use incognito mode. Nothing is written to your disk between sessions including URL history (the one that annoys you so much).
bsvols

Post by bsvols »

:) Thank you, folks,for taking the time to reply. @ curlin: I tried adding the Winapp files for ccleaner from the forum posts, but they didn't work for me. I clearly didn't do it correctly. I'll try again, until I get it right, when I can get time. :oops: @SRWare: I would rather my internet use not be tracked & recorded, no matter where the records are purported yo be stored. (On the Chrome forum I found a line that can be added to the "Properties" section of my desktop shortcut that prevents the suggestions from being shown, but it doesn't actually stop the tracking of people's internet use - it just stops the suggestions from showing.) :cry: @ bulek: I will certainly start using "incognito mode" more often, but it isn't what I need all of the time. ;)