Iron Release Cycle (proposed)

Iron Forum for english speaking people

z25blink

Iron Release Cycle (proposed)

Post by z25blink »

Last months, Iron was released in a hurry, with no schedule plan

Iron --- 3.0.197.0 stable --- 4.0.227.0 beta --- 4.0.275.2 rc --- 4.0.280.0 stable --- 5.0.326.0 alpha

My suggestion .... for clear Iron release plan.... independent on Google Chrome releasing ! .....

For schedule we can take Iron 4.0.280.0 stable as an initial point :lol:

With number of version "280" .... go to

..... Iron 5.0.380.0 beta
..... Iron 5.0.480.0 stable

With minor releases among beta and stable (for exmaple once a month)
Chromium 5.0.370.0 (as of 7th April 2010) .... so beta 380 could be in 2 weeks or so
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bksening

Re: Iron Release Cycle (proposed)

Post by bksening »

But how can Iron be released independent on Google Chrome releasing?

The whole fact of the matter is that Iron is totally and entirely dependent on Chrome releases. All of Iron's crucial "new" features and functions are all Chrome features. Iron only gets these functions based on pulling updated code from Chromium source code.

I suppose the only independent releasing Iron can do is try to fully debug and release these features faster than Chrome? After all, that's why all these "new" features are still in Dev and Beta testing for Chrome. If the features had all their problems resolved, the next Chrome Stable version would already be released.

z25blink, are you suggesting to pull latest Chromium source code and release development and testing functions as official Iron features to make Iron independent from Chrome? Again, I see that as impossible as all of Iron's most important code is entirely dependent on what it gets from Chromium.
z25blink

Post by z25blink »

bksening wrote:But how can Iron be released independent on Google Chrome releasing?
The whole fact of the matter is that Iron is totally and entirely dependent on Chrome releases..
NO,

Absolutelly nonsense .... SRWare Iron .... isnt realy on Google at all. ;)

Iron is (opensource browser) based originally on core of Chromium (opensource browser).

Google is only addition some its bad features to its Google Chrome.

Iron is not relied on Google.

... Google is shitting :evil: proprietary company :!: :x .... Go away!, evil Google, :twisted: go away! ... :x
bksening

Post by bksening »

My goodness z25blink, you are so paranoid about Google, you did not even bother to read or think about what I wrote! :lol:

Let me be a little more clear, and you will see that Iron is most definitely dependent on Google Chrome, or at least Chromium.

Again, all of Iron's crucial "new" features and functions are all Chromium features. Iron only gets these functions based on pulling updated code from Chromium source code. So far virtually all, >99% of these features and functionality are developed by Google developers. If Iron wants these features, they are entirely dependent on when the Google devs finish these features. I believe this is true, unless any Iron devs have contributed to the Chromium project and I would be interested to see the commit logs/entries if there are any.

So again, I suppose the only independent releasing Iron can do is try to fully debug and release these features faster than Google releases Chrome? After all, that's why all these "new" features are still in Dev and Beta testing even for Chromium. And whether these features are eventually finished and deployed is entirely dependent on Google devs. (Again, unless Iron chooses to release these dev functions as Iron features.)

So z25blink, although you are correct that Iron is based on open-source Chromium, 90% of Iron is dependent on 99% of Chromium, which is 99% dependent on Google developers. I find it absolutely ridiculous that you think much of what is available in Iron could be possible without Chromium and the Google devs. And further I cannot see how Iron can think to make releases without depending on what Google devs have developed into Chromium.
z25blink

Post by z25blink »

Iron is build on Chromium source.
:ironvsff
Chromium´s developers are not Google employeed developers,

but are an independent ones .... just "free devs"

Of course, some of them are emploeys of Google, but surely not 99 %. ... It is Open Community.
bksening

Post by bksening »

z25blink wrote:Chromium´s developers are not Google employeed developers .... Of course, some of them are emploeys of Google, but surely not 99 %.
That, z25blink, is where you are totally wrong.

Yes, the Chromium open-source project welcomes all free developers, but so far most definitely >99% of all development work is committed by Google employees with @chromium.org addresses. Just check the Chromium commit logs for the most recently released Chrome Dev version: http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/perf ... &mode=html
(or change the SVN source ranges to check any range).

Sure, even the external contributor patches are checked in by Google employees (with comments like original patch by "yyyy"), but they are very, very, very few. Yes, I'm sure I am correct that so far >99% of all Chromium development is by Google employees.
z25blink

Post by z25blink »

Only thing what matters is SRWare Iron release Beta in few days. ;)
:ironvsff
z25blink

Post by z25blink »

testing new emoticon by LiKeLighT http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1088#p4404

Chromium 5.376.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

News:
We are currently testing Chromium 5.0.370-376 Builds for the upcoming Iron-version.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
Udy

Post by Udy »

SRWare wrote:News:
We are currently testing Chromium 5.0.370-376 Builds for the upcoming Iron-version.
Changelog plz.