Iron portable as default browser

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Lieb

Iron portable as default browser

Post by Lieb »

Hi Everyone,

I am using Iron portable 4.0.280 and I have set it as my default browser on my notebook. when I start the application it loads everything fine including my extensions, however, when I click a link in an external application (say MSN) that opens Iron and shows the webpage it seems that the profile is not loaded (no extensions, no theme, no passwords nothing :? ). This also happens if you create a shortcut on my desktop not to iron but to a website (www.nu.nl) this also results in the applications beiing started without my profile. I checked this on my home PC. Same issue with Iron portable, but not an issue if I install Iron with the normal installer (non portable). :|

Can anyone confirm :?: is this the right place to address this issue :roll:
Lieb

Re: Iron portable as default browser

Post by Lieb »

Tried to check if I can see what profile it loads / uses. :geek:

When clicking a link in an external application it loads like this:
:arrow: c:\ironportable\iron.exe --www.nu.nl

When normally opening the application it loads:
:arrow: c:\ironportable\iron.exe -user-data-dir=c:\ironportable\profile

So, it seems that it looks for the "normal" location of the proile and not the portable location. :|
Checked this by putting my profile into the folder [C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data] this causes the profile to load properly even when opening it by clicking a link in the external application.
This should confirms that the portable application only works if you always open it with a definition of the alternate user profile location.

Again..... anyone able to confirm that this needs to be reported here :?: