New Iron-Version: 4.0.280 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Udy

Re: New Iron-Version: 4.0.280 Stable for Windows

Post by Udy »

Hello,

1.)
I noticed some problems with using your ad-blocking feature. The one that uses the adblock.ini. I have acquired the latest version of "Fanboy's Adblock List for Iron Chrome (Alpha)" list. This site itself host an outdated version of said list.

If using the list with "With Stat/Tracking Sites" - youtube.com will display some a few characters spaced over a few lines, then a plus sign, and a hyperlink next to the plus sign - at the top of the page.
For the normal list - http://www.google.com/adsense will only display those dots, the plus sign, and a hyperlink.

Obviously, this is due to adblock. That adblock list blocks anything from adsense. youtube.com has tracking sripts and things of that sort so they are blocked. My conclusion is that there is a bug in the blocking of certain elements?

If copied to text(therefore no formatting and no pictures), this is what I see,

Code: Select all

The first dot/period is bigger, in bold I believe. The second/period is smaller. The last period is next to a plus sign, it is underlined. The plus sign and the last period are hyperlinked to

Code: Select all

javascript:void(0);
2.)

I would like to request some features*, if possible,
a. A Graphical User Interface accessible within Iron (options menu) to edit the user agent and adblocking list.
b. The ability to disable / enable plugins.
c. Ability to disable the new tab page (and therefore disable the generation of webpage thumbnails) and the ability to set new tab to open to a page of our choosing. Like "google.com" or "about:blank"

*If I was just unable to find these options, my bad.
randyleepublic

Post by randyleepublic »

What happened to the "Import Bookmarks and Settings" wizard? :?: I can't find it anywhere..
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

randyleepublic wrote:What happened to the "Import Bookmarks and Settings" wizard? :?: I can't find it anywhere..
1- Click the TOOL in the upper right and select Bookmarks Manager. Once it is open, under Tools is the import and export functions.
2- Click the TOOL in the upper right, and select the Options menu, then Personal Menu. At the bottom is the button labeled Import Data from Another Browser. There you can select what you want to import and from which browser (Firefox MSIE, or Google Toolbar).
There seems to be a need for a few more browsers in the drop down list.
DarkByte

Post by DarkByte »

My only problem, so far, is that sometimes, for no apparent reason, when it's minimized, I can't restore the Iron's window. It just sits there and all I can do is close it. I use Iron on Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista Business x64 SP1 (x64) and Windows Vista Business x86 and I have this problem everywhere.

Anyone else encountered this problem ?
jerrytouille

Post by jerrytouille »

Certainly the BEST release so far. I actually start using the portable version right now.

Quick questions:
- Is there a way to set as default browser for portable version? I tried to run it as admin and set as default browser but doesn't work.
- Is there automatic update feature implemented for the installer version?

Thanks!
Vibov

Post by Vibov »

I just read about Browserscope website on gHacks and I wanted to run the tests.

Iron crashes every time I attempt to run security tests. (Not the entire browser, just this particular tab ("Aw, Snap!" error message.))

Does it work for anyone else? http://www.browserscope.org/alltests
patalla

Post by patalla »

hello,

I've got a problem that when unsing portable version, adding a shortcut to the dock-alike software such as YzDock, Iron launches failed. The error messages is: The application failed to initialize properly(0x00000a5).Click OK to ternimate the application.

Is there any solution to make it up? Thank you for reading my response!
Night Owl

Post by Night Owl »

jballi wrote:Right-clicked links do not show as clicked (highlighted/different color). The last version where this was working correctly was v4.0.227. Highlighting a right-clicked link is a tiny little feature but once you get used to something it's tough to give it up. I just noticed that it works the same on Google Chrome v4.0.249.78 so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a new "enhancement".

I guess I'm going back to v4.0.227 for a little while longer...

Thank you for your consideration.
Yes, this was a great feature in SRWare Iron v4.0.227. I just upgraded to 4.0.280 and I really miss this. Please add this feature back.
bill777

Post by bill777 »

Windows installed version of Iron crashes - whoa - when started

I, too, had this problem (in Vista). How many others just give up and go away? :ironvsff

It started before updating to the current version, but after I did some file clean-ups on my system.

IMNSHO, running CC cleaner is next-to-useless advice, since CC doesn't even recognize Cr/Fe (at least, my installation doesn't) .

The "whoa" message isn't exactly informative, either. Maybe it was deeply meaningful for whoever coded it?
(Let's see. . . iron ? . . horsey noises ? . . . rhymes with footwear ? . . . it starts, and, poof! it's gone ! )
:roll:

And what exactly is the address of the the Profile folder?
Not in Documents and Settings, for sure, if you use Vista.
Not in ProgramData, not under Users ....
I can't find it in the forum, either.

I had, of course, already tried running the SRiron un-installer before re-installing. Woe, no joy. Perhaps the un-installer misses something? I even tried a more aggressive uninstaller utility, RevoFree. Still woe.

Out of curiousity, (& hideously insecure! ) (the program, not me, personally) ,I tried running the already-installed SR iron 'as administrator'. That worked !!! But of no practical use. It would be stupid to run a browser with admin privileges.

So, that had me thinking...., what if run the installer 'as admin', it works. Solved. For me, anyway.
My aapologies for thinking out loud.

That is to say:
download the installer, locate the containing file ("show in folder")
right-click on the installer exe, select "run as administrator" & do just that
enter whatever you need to get through security UAC, and it should work fine.
n3002

Post by n3002 »

bill777 wrote: And what exactly is the address of the the Profile folder?
Not in Documents and Settings, for sure, if you use Vista.
Not in ProgramData, not under Users ....
I can't find it in the forum, either.
^ The Profile folder is visible under "C:\Users\your-username-here\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default" (where "Default" is the profile folder) but the AppData is only visible if you checkmark "Show hidden files,folders and drives" under "Folder Options". Please note that this is on Windows 7 (the same may apply to Vista, try it).