New Iron-Version: 4.0.280 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

jballi

Re: New Iron-Version: 4.0.280 Stable for Windows

Post by jballi »

Right-clicked links do not show as clicked (highlighted/different color). The last version where this was working correctly was v4.0.227. Highlighting a right-clicked link is a tiny little feature but once you get used to something it's tough to give it up. I just noticed that it works the same on Google Chrome v4.0.249.78 so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a new "enhancement".

I guess I'm going back to v4.0.227 for a little while longer...

Thank you for your consideration.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

ironuser wrote:II have the 4.0.280 stable installed. The flashblock extension, nor any other extension for that matter, works while in the incognito mode.
Can someone tell me why? and how to get it to work in 'incogntio'?
I should have mentioned that I do have the --enable-extensions as part of the startup line in the shortcut.

Also, this board really needs an EDIT switch for the posts, so a user can add, change, or delete content without having to make another post
Gokhan B.

Post by Gokhan B. »

this version has problem with google/bubble translate. translation works fine but translated tab crashes when scrolled.. any ideas ?
amo

Post by amo »

So, I have a problem with adblock with Iron 4.0.280. I re-installed it (the software), and adblock was working fine. Now, not anymore (after a restart of Iron I think). I'm a bit clueless. I'm on Windows 7 64 bits. Anyone else seeing the same thing, or having any clue?

Regards.
Lily_86

Post by Lily_86 »

SRWare wrote:
Lily_86 wrote:Hi, thanks for your great browser! :)

I downloaded the 4.0.280 stable installer, but in the version data in file properties it says the version is 4.0.275.
You are right, that is a bug in the installer. I will update it later. Just check the version the installer puts out on the first screen.

Thank you, it looks like the fixed build with correct version data is up now. :) I just downloaded the installer and the md5 is now 03BD8DAAF93916617C3BD11FB8FDCC4E
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Thank you for the update, all seems very stable here. Feels a lot smoother than .275.
One question - With regards to proxies....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/14 ... query_bug/

Is that still a problem, or is this version beyond that bug now ?.
ifezs001

Post by ifezs001 »

Unable to attach any file in the gmail with iron.

Do you have any idea? I try to click on attach file button/link, but nothing happen.

Thanks
eval-

Post by eval- »

Gokhan B. wrote:this version has problem with google/bubble translate. translation works fine but translated tab crashes when scrolled.. any ideas ?
I am also having this frustrating bug. I am not sure if it is more general than Iron, since there are some Chromium bugs (but only on XP? I use 7) such as http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=32648

It is likely different if it is happening for you with bubble translate too... and for me too it is only on scroll... very weird.
ironnmann

Post by ironnmann »

When I try to open a file (by clicking it) from a disk with space characters in the filename, iron portable 4.0.280 opens (tries to open) several tabs. It interprets the filename as several filenames with spaces in between.
Vibov

Post by Vibov »

I understand that this website plays music, but still the amount of claimed RAM is somewhat disturbing
Is it normal? I understand that one process per tab leads to greater memory consumption etc. but Opera uses 100 MB for the same site (that's 100 MB altogether, so including the browser itself of course)