ataxy

Re: New Iron-Version: 4.0.280 Stable for Windows

Post by ataxy »

forgot to add but this someime may help

xps m1710 with win7 ultimate x86
ataxy

Post by ataxy »

ok did the cleaning with cc and also deleted the whole srware folder in program file and no luck still fail
eval-

Post by eval- »

Iron 4 is very nice, fast. Unfortunately, I am getting many "Whoa! Iron has crashed" messages, which I never got with Iron 3. I think it is perhaps more likely when multiple applications are using Gears simultaneously? Unfortunately, this often happens after a crash and restore.
ataxy

Post by ataxy »

eval- wrote:Iron 4 is very nice, fast. Unfortunately, I am getting many "Whoa! Iron has crashed" messages, which I never got with Iron 3. I think it is perhaps more likely when multiple applications are using Gears simultaneously? Unfortunately, this often happens after a crash and restore.
you seam to have a similar problem to mine, would you mine explaining more what you mean by gears
Vibov

Post by Vibov »

I can't rearrange the tumbnails on the New Tab page (swap places etc.). Dragging and dropping doesn't work, they return to their original positions every time. Pinning, unpinning makes no difference.
jballi

Post by jballi »

Vibov wrote:I can't rearrange the tumbnails on the New Tab page (swap places etc.). Dragging and dropping doesn't work, they return to their original positions every time. Pinning, unpinning makes no difference.
Ditto. Certainly not a show stopper but it's a nice feature.
Vibov

Post by Vibov »

I solved this problem with a Speed Dial extension. It's not impressively customizable (the author is working on it) but still more flexible than New Tab (e.g. you can specify any number of rows and columns).
amo

Post by amo »

Hi,

It seems adblock is not working for me. I installed the stable 4.0.280 on windows 7, over the 4.0.275 beta. I have the adblock.ini file where it should be, and its content is copy/pasted from here:
http://fanboy.co.nz/adblock/iron/adblock.ini

Any idea what's wrong here?

Regards.
eval-

Post by eval- »

ataxy wrote:
eval- wrote:Iron 4 is very nice, fast. Unfortunately, I am getting many "Whoa! Iron has crashed" messages, which I never got with Iron 3. I think it is perhaps more likely when multiple applications are using Gears simultaneously? Unfortunately, this often happens after a crash and restore.
you seam to have a similar problem to mine, would you mine explaining more what you mean by gears
http://gears.google.com/

It is used for GMail, Google Calendar, and rememberthemilk.com to provide offline access. When multiple tabs 'Sync' for offline use simultaneously I seem to be more prone to getting the 'Whoa! Iron has crashed!' messages.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

II have the 4.0.280 stable installed. The flashblock extension, nor any other extension for that matter, works while in the incognito mode.
Can someone tell me why? and how to get it to work in 'incogntio'?