Question / Suggestion about a feature

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Evlesoa

Question / Suggestion about a feature

Post by Evlesoa »

Lets say I'm trying to download something

Now the problem is, I want to download it, not listen to it. HOWEVER, it AUTO-LOADS it and starts to open it. What if this was a virus embedded into an Mp3? On all other browsers, it asks me if I want to save the file.

Considering how safe Iron is, isn't this a dangerous feature to leave, and not tweak so it doesn't auto-download / listen to it?
Chikon

Re: Question / Suggestion about a feature

Post by Chikon »

It's a manual feature, you have to actually tell Iron to auto-open things. If you want it off go to options > under the hood and select "clear auto-opening settings," and it should stop opening your music files.
Evlesoa

Post by Evlesoa »

Nope. Instead of opening it it, now opens it in the background. As in, on the page. While the page is still there.

Very annoying to hear background music. It streams it without asking. I tried everything. Checking off "ask where to download" and what not, it doesn't work.
Chikon

Post by Chikon »

It opens itself through flash most likely (which can expose a vulnerability like you said), but you can try using a flash blocking script or extension to manage what flash files are allowed to load through Iron.
bksening

Post by bksening »

It could be many causes. Could be an <embed> or Flash with music/sound, etc; perhaps the page is supposed to have background music.
bksening

Post by bksening »

@Evlesoa, could you post the URL of the page for us to take a look?